Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only approximatley 100 days till baiting season

Default Only approximatley 100 days till baiting season

Well its Sunday and this weather sucks so I thought Id start the count down

Huh! I'm looking forward to it. Got my bait all stocked up, barrels ready to go, new ground blind, gear all ready, all my bows sighted in. Can't WAIT.

Bring it on. ..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Been counting down for weeks!

I just have to decide what new scent lures I want to try this year and when to start making them. I didn't really like how my candles turned out last year they didn't smell very good.

I sold some stuff to a guy today and we ended up talking more about bear hunting than anything else - can't wait till break-up!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I have had a crazy off season. First my stand location is not going to work, so I had to find a new one. Then I have been on the look out for new open top lids, for popcorn. I have also been trying to make one of the guys in my party to hunt by us. He has never hunted before, so it is in his best intrest to hunt near me. It shouls be a great season, and I am super excited. Everything above is done. Now I have been reading, buying and waiting. Can't wait! Come on April!

As I have posted before, I am going to make bear lollipops. If anyone wants to know how, send me a PM and I will send you the link.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

I love this time of year as I star dreaming of my bait station and how much I enjoy it. So since I had a little one of the DR> scares I thought I should mention get yourself physically prepared also. when you don't you chance too much a pulled muscle , a heart attack, the list is numerous and as guys sometimes we over look the pains . So I figure if I lose soem weight and do some strength training I will feel better and enjoy the hunt more. So think about it , time is short bears are waiting to grace us with there presence in our sights Good luck guys.

April 15... 2 months, 2 days! Then there will be 3 or 4 weeks of trucking bait into the stand, swatting bugs, eagerly checking trail cam pics, swatting more bugs, then finally connecting around the end of May... I can hardly wait!

only one month now, but wont get out there til mid May due to snow where I bait.

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    only one month now, but wont get out there til mid May due to snow where I bait.

Same for me. Its cool though, becuase I still got a ton of prep work to do. Havent even bought all the supplies yet. So I hope I will ready by mid May
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Almost done have to pop my corn and get another drum ready then Ill just be waiting for the river to open I feel like my kids before christmas

I'm almost ready.. I have to weld up 5 bait drums this weekend and then fire up the kettle corn machine to run a few new test batches. All that's left if dragging the boat out of the garage!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I need some help welding up a baot barrel or two so I can get my kids on a bear or two. I do not have access to a welder and am wondering if anyone is willing to help. I live in anchorage.

Send me a PM, I'll do what I can to help you out.

Thought I had my game plan all laid in place but.. The price of fuel is going to hurt on a 100 Gal. Boat Fill up and then there is the truck. Ouch. wondering if I might switch and use the 4-wheelers. How are the rest of you getting to the back 40?

Boat, launching at the Deshka. Not liking the cost of fuel either but not much of an option - we need fuel where ever we go. I may go for longer trips this year to try and save some money, launch fee's, etc. I'm glad I'm using popcorn.. at least something's affordable this year.

Truck for me, with diesel over $4/gal now its going to be $$. On top of that my bait station is pretty far from town. I use a 4 wheeler sometimes but prefer to walk in as its not that long a walk for me and i'm too lazy to load/unload a wheeler lol... Might try to find a place closer to town but have had good success where I bait, no neighbors and I know the area.

I get a summer pass at the Deshka most time I bring the boat back home but might leave it parked there some some $ using popcorn also cant do anything about the fuel cost for the truck just have to work some more overtime. Not going to give it up or go less its one of the things that keeps me from not going crazy LOL

Trying to decide if the season pass is worth it or not. One things for sure, I wouldn't mind leaving the boat out there - the trip home would be much faster and cheaper.

Default 7days left

Anybody else putting their stuff out early? I'm going to do mine on Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast