Thread: drop camp

Default drop camp

Hi
    We are planning a unguided moose hunt for 2012. Who would you recommend to outfit a

drop camp?

Thank you
    Ron

Ron, if you give a few more details it might help. Are you looking for gear for a drop camp like tents, food, sleeping bags? Or are you looking for someone to drop you off on a hunt or a float hunt with gear? I have a couple unguided moose/caribou hunts under my belt so am no expert. There are many more qualified but can give you a name of a bush pilot that did me well. Mark

Thanks Mark
    We are looking for a outfitter to provide transportation as well as a complete camp minus the guide.

Thank You
    Ron

Have you decided what area that you want to hunt? You might need to share a little more info on what your looking for. Have you any experience? You might want to contact Mike Straham the owner of this site. He has a hunt planning and consultation service that is well worth the price.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I would, if I were you, build a list of the air taxi servicesa and guides that work the Yukon River. Contact them all. Take your choice.

Contact Larry Bartlett at Pristine Ventures.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Give these guys a call. http://www.pbadventures.com/

You can rent all the equipment you will need and they have lots of good moose spots.