Thread: Our trip to Kodiak

Default Our trip to Kodiak

We are planning a trip to Kodiak and we're seeking some information. We'll be bringing our motorhome and plan to camp for a week. Can anyone suggest a nice RV park on Kodiak? We must have an electric hook up. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I'm new to these forums and should have started this thread in Camping. We will be going out on a charter for 2 days mid July. At present, we have made arrangements with Happy Hooker charters. Can anyone comment on their services? If you were to choose another charter company who would you recommend? thanks

Welcome to the Forums iceracer,

the charter you mention does have a real nice boat, well maintained, he's been at it for a long while, I'm not sure as to his success rate or reputation but he has been around a while, nice rig, seems to be making the payments.

a proven alternative would be Chazman, Real good fisherman, excellent boat, "Coolest guy in the biz for this town," from what I've seen and heard.

as to the RV park, I honestly am not sure there even is one in town ?? I'm thinking, thinking, wracking my memory, seems wierd, but I have not seen anyplace with plugins as there are in other places. Sorry don't know what to tell you there,

Have Fun with the planning, and Good Fishing to you
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Iceracer, you will have a great time fishing with Mike on the Reel Fun. He is a great captain and produces good limits daily. On top of that he does have a really nice catamaran. As for RV hookups there may be some at the Coast Guard RV park, where Nimitz housing used to be or possibly Busking River park but I don't know if the Buskin has electricity or not. To check on the Coast Guard Rv park you would need to contact MWR and I think you can find their information by googling Kodiak Alaska USCG MWR. Good luck fishing this summer.
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474
    Shearwater 38' Allen Marine Catamaran
    Lana J 40' USCG inspected

Mel Roe thank you for the response. I've looked at Buskin River State Park and they do not appear to have hook ups. I'll try the place you suggested thanks again.

Iceracer, you might also try one of the B&B's that are outside of town as they may have the extra space to park and connect you up to electricity.
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474

Iceracer, my wife had an idea for you, I'm pretty sure she's right on it....

Try contacting the VFW,
    pretty sure there's plug ins and all out there, for your RV,

it's about ten minutes north of town on the edge of Monashka Bay, nice place to be
    hope it works out for you
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thank you kodiakrain and Mel Roe your assistance has got me on the right path.

Well I am troubled. I set up a reservation with Happy Hooker Charters way back in August of last year. My last communication with them was Nov. 26th. At the time everything was all set and was told they would contact me in the early part of 2011 and I would pay a 50% deposit. We'll I've tried emailing, phoned and left messages and now they will not respond. Can anyone tell me if they are still in business? This is very frustrating. Maybe someone local could give them a nudge and say please call Tim in Calgary.

Just be patient. A lot of folks travel to the shows in Jan/Feb. I'm sure they will contact you in time.

Iceracer, Mike was out of the country for the holidays and just got back. I will call him and have him get in touch with you.

Mel
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474

Everything worked out just fine thanks for all your help.