Thread: SCI convention?

Default SCI convention?

I will be in Reno the weekend of the SCI convention. Is it worth the price of admission? I am not too stoked to check out African hunting does SCI have much else to offer?

I haven't personally been, but I have been told that it is worth checking out. It isn't just Africa, there are outfitters from all around the world. There are also a lot of guns and gear type things, you can probably download a list of exhibitors from their website. I think if you can just buy a one day pass it would something to check out.

Do it! I went last year. You will not be disapointed! I walked for two whole days and didn't see it all! Wear comfortable shoes! Call me if you wish.

Brett

330-429-2762 cell

Been there twice and can't wait to get back!! Sensory overload for sure!

It is worth seeing. If you've never been. Lot's of cool mounts, guns, and your chance encounter with someone cool. Like Robert Duvall,Tom Selleck, Greg Ostertag, John Michael Montgomery, Don Young, Etc.. They are just wandering around the show as well. I've been several times and will be back. If you go, don't miss out on the Custom Gun Makers Guild show. It's at the same time in the Silver Legacy. Beautiful guns!!! Have fun.

i thought it was all hype and for the eliteist "africa hunt" crowd and had nothing to offer me... boy was I wrong! The coolest taxidermy show ever... the best gun show ever. You'll find lots of outfitters there from up here too boot so that'll make you feel a little bit at home!

I think this will be my 8th SCI. I attend all 4 days. For a 1st time visit it is difficult to take it all in in 4 days, there is so much to see. Even the dinner/award/speaker/entertainment evening shows are good if you have someone to take. Sarah is the big headliner on Saturday Night, she sold out back in August. Really too much to write about on a forum. I get probably 90% of my hunts at auction there.

Here's the seminars.
    http://www.showsci.com/static/Member...cfm?Action=Sem

You've got most gun, optics, bullet, reloading, reps and owners, several hundred outfitters, lots of taxidermists. I think all the western state guide and outfitters assoc. are there including APHA, some gov agencies like blm and customs, customs brokers. Plenty for the ladies, lots of jewelry, art, and fur dealers. Lots of very high end guns along with production gun reps. You can see the whole list of exhibitors here.
    http://www.showsci.com/content/index...ontent_id=1703

You might see hunting celebrities walking through the halls, maybe some hollywood personalities, and maybe some high profile past, present, and potential future politicians. Here is a pic of my girlfriend having a short conversation with Mr. Bush last year, can you imagine a president in a place with 20000 visitors and several hundred accessible guns.

Next year it will be in Vegas then alternating years between Reno and Vegas.

Well it sounds like the place too be. I will probably only go for one full day. I haven't got much else planned so this will be a good place to burn a day. I just hope they have a beer garden !

Yes, they have a beer garden - in fact several. Best day to go is Wed or Thur - after that it gets really, really crowded. Anybody who is somebody in the world of hunting or shooting will be there sometime during the convention. You will be amazed - a hunters/shooters toy store for sure. If you have the opportunity you would be remiss not to seize the chance ... would recommend not taking any credit cards or your check book! :-)
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Yes, they have a beer garden - in fact several. Best day to go is Wed or Thur - after that it gets really, really crowded. Anybody who is somebody in the world of hunting or shooting will be there sometime during the convention. You will be amazed - a hunters/shooters toy store for sure. If you have the opportunity you would be remiss not to seize the chance ... would recommend not taking any credit cards or your check book! :-)
    Well said. Planning on going again in the next couple of years.

The only show I look forward to.
    Great place to make contacts.
    Be shure to set a budget before you get there.
    I agree with the people who said to leave the CC at home,