Thread: Caribou Hunting

Default Caribou Hunting

So I am going to put my float hunt on hold until further notice. My hunting buddy is trying to have a kid and they can't afford that kind of money right now. So now we have decided on a caribou hunt up on the slope. We are planning on flying out of happy valley with the company that is up there (rather wouldn't say there name). I am looking into the "logistics" of it and it seems like a great deal. Does anyone have anything good or bad about this hunt, and how long you stayed, caribou taken, gear, etc. Thanks for any info.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Check the archives.....dah?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    Check the archives.....dah?
    being rude doesn't answer my questions.

Was that rude?
    The archives answers your question about 20 times.
    Duh?

Default rude or not

Maybe you're better at searching the site than he is?

Whether you think it rude or not, what I envision when I read this thread is you standing in right front of jcorwin in person saying the same thing. My bet is that it would not happen. Hey, he's a real nice guy, but he's BIG.

I'm pretty sure I've almost never stood in front of a guy that could kick my business all over town (not that he would) and said "Duh".

great experiance! do it, its some of the best hunting in the state! if you have any ?s pm me, ill be glad to awnswer em.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    Was that rude?
    The archives answers your question about 20 times.
    Duh?
    Dont know you but I would say ya you were being rude this is why people come to the site to get information if you dont want to help just dont say anything or you could have just said have you checked the archives its the Duh part that make you sound like an ass

I second skybust.
    Paul

*Applause* See you are being rude! Next time just say nothing, cause you never no when your gonna have a questions, and someone else is gonna be rude to you. Karama is a ....., any ways, i just wanted info on a good fly-in service. If you don't have one then move on. PM me or say nothing. Thanks for your help.

Jcorwin, since you didn't name the air service, most here are handicapped as to giving you info on that part of your hunt. Perhaps some will know about Happy Valley and comment.
    I would definitely recommend doing a search on this forum, as well as checking archives for info on Happy Valley and the business you are using.
    Good luck on the hunt, hope to see pics next fall.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    So I am going to put my float hunt on hold until further notice. My hunting buddy is trying to have a kid and they can't afford that kind of money right now. So now we have decided on a caribou hunt up on the slope. We are planning on flying out of happy valley with the company that is up there (rather wouldn't say there name). I am looking into the "logistics" of it and it seems like a great deal. Does anyone have anything good or bad about this hunt, and how long you stayed, caribou taken, gear, etc. Thanks for any info.
    I have done this hunt several times as well as general haul road and slope hunting over the last 17 years.... first word would be VERY cautious of a "great deal"...

please feel free to PM me for any specific info or questions. thanks

Greg