Thread: Northwoods lodge to Petersville

Default Northwoods lodge to Petersville

Can someone give me a good route from the upper Yetna to Petersville? I know I can go down and then up the Susitna, but I would prefer to find a trail which kind of goes east more direct to Petersville. I'm essentially wanting to make a big loop from Willow to Northwoods to Petersville.

There are a couple of routes that I like to do for a Willow to Peterville and back loop. You could take the old Mcdougal Trail, starts at Lake Creek goes north to the Kahiltna at Oil Well Rd, then Up the Kahiltna to Peters Creek and on to the Forks. The other is to go up passed Skwenta to Donkey Creek around the west side of Yenlo to the Collinsville trail at the Kahiltna. Then you have the Susitna west trail and the Deshka/Mona Lake Section line trail to come back.

Wink Back Trails

Those are all some of my favorite runs. But most are not set in yet. Best time to try these trails are in late Feb though the end of the season.
    See You on the Trail!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psc210 View Post
    There are a couple of routes that I like to do for a Willow to Peterville and back loop. You could take the old Mcdougal Trail, starts at Lake Creek goes north to the Kahiltna at Oil Well Rd, then Up the Kahiltna to Peters Creek and on to the Forks. The other is to go up passed Skwenta to Donkey Creek around the west side of Yenlo to the Collinsville trail at the Kahiltna. Then you have the Susitna west trail and the Deshka/Mona Lake Section line trail to come back.
    Just a quick note if you are going to require fuel, Skwetna is last stop on the Yetena. Angel Haven is not opening this winter as of this writing and for those on the Skwetna River the TAl's are in caretaker status only till Feburary. If anyone else has other info please post. I got this last Friday when planning a trip for the weekend.

Has anyone made the run from McDougal to the Kahiltna and then on up to Petersville/Forks. Just wondering if this route is runable yet. Also anyone have GPS coodinates for some or all of this run.

Thanks Rick