Thread: Sitka Gear, Great customer service!

Default Sitka Gear, Great customer service!

I just received a new pair of Stormfront rain pants from Sitka Gear. I sent in my Nimbus rain pants for repair after they gave up the ghost on my Kodiak trip. I received 3 phone calls from them trying to reach me while I was out of the country. Andrew explained why they failed and what they were going to do to make sure I was satisfied. I look forward to trying these out. Nice to see a company stand behind their gear.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I agree they do have great customer service. I sure wish that I didn't need to use it so much. I have purchased 4 garments and sent back 2 so far. One of the replacements already has a seam pulling lose. They definitely stand behind what they sell but I don't like gear that fails on my hunt. I am not a fan of sewing in the field!

Do you guys have the New Forest Green optifade camo up there in Fairbanks? The only place they had them here was Barneys, but they are out, and the ones they have are XL, XXL, and XXL......and Sportsmans has a ton of open country optifade and they said they are not planning on getting the forest green until they sell most of the old stuff. I just thought the forest green would blend better for bow hunting in the black spruce in late spring.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I agree they do have great customer service. I sure wish that I didn't need to use it so much. I have purchased 4 garments and sent back 2 so far. One of the replacements already has a seam pulling lose. They definitely stand behind what they sell but I don't like gear that fails on my hunt. I am not a fan of sewing in the field!
    LuJon, after reading your complaint in another thread about the crotch seams coming loose on the ascend pants, i looked at my pair and also noticed stitching coming loose after only 4 trips. I figured I better repair it now, before the trip. I called sitka and told them about it, and they told me the seam stitching just needs to be reinforced, it will cost from $8 to $20, plus shipping back. I guess for that much I will have an alteration shop in town do it, and reinforce all the stitching.
    I do love the fabric, just wish the stitching was done better, maybe I will put some aquaseal to hold the threads.

stid are those the stormfront or the stormfront lite? i have the stromfront and have been really really happen with them! the fit in the pants is great, don't bind up and the suspenders are the ticket!! all around i'm really happy. the coat is to short if i bend over, but i think they've changed that since i got my pair. my pair was pre distribution...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

WOW, It is sad to me that they would charge you to "fix" stitching that was clearly not up to the task that the pants were designed to do. The crotch has been tearing out of every pair of mountain pants that they have made starting with the original ones (I know I owned them). At what point do you look at it and say "Man we should change this stitching cause people are ventilating their nether regions in less than 1/2 a season"!

I may try the Kiuiu pants at some point but I am really happy with my Westcomb's so don't know that I will be changing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    stid are those the stormfront or the stormfront lite? i have the stromfront and have been really really happen with them! the fit in the pants is great, don't bind up and the suspenders are the ticket!! all around i'm really happy. the coat is to short if i bend over, but i think they've changed that since i got my pair. my pair was pre distribution...
    They are the stormfront, the lite stuff just didn't look like it would hold up to the kind of hunting we do.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

i agree about the lite...sissy stuff it seems like. anyway, i'm happy with my stormfront...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212