Thread: Trail to Trapper Lake...?

Default Trail to Trapper Lake...?

I am interested in going out to trapper lake ice fishing, and know roughly where its at, but I was wondering if someone could post or PM me directions via snowmachine trail.

Thanks,

J.D.

go to susitna landing mile 85 or so parks pay 5 bucks for parking and follow the trail from there ask them and theyll tell you all u need to know. I do know its open now the river is froze up enough to cross

do what akdube said and they are just going to tell you to foloow the markers. and watch for overflow on the lake there is always some there

I appreciate the help. I figure with trail markers and a GPS i should be able to find it.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    I am interested in going out to trapper lake ice fishing, and know roughly where its at, but I was wondering if someone could post or PM me directions via snowmachine trail.

Thanks,

J.D.
    When you get on the lake, I'm certain that you're going to connect, that is a decent lake.

Was there Tuesday and no fish. Another couple guys had 3. I'm waiting for a weather change.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post

Thanks,

J.D.

I was out there about a month ago but went to Firgue 8 Lake instead of Trapper. Did real well. The trail this year was a lot smoother compared to last year. A lot of ice over the swamp areas, very little deep snow. The river is solid, but be careful. Part of the trail that drops you onto the river to cross has eroded since last season. If you go to the right about 10 yards or so from the normal route of travel, there is gentler slope/drop to use. On the way back to the parking area use it again, it will be on the left of course. I couldnt make it up with my qaud and almost tipped it over. You may be able to do it with a sled though. Not sure how the conditions are now with the warm spell we had a few weeks ago and the lack of snow. I am going next Saturday with a group of guys to Firgue 8. Hope the trail is still good. Like the other poster said, just follow the markers, you cant miss them. I have fished Trapper before, but never had any luck. Firgue 8 never fails to bring home fish.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

It's been several years now since I've been out there but I used to stop just past sheep creek lodge and took the trail out across the big swamp. Stop and ask the guys at sheep creek and see if they are still using that trail.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"