Thread: Where for lakers?

Default Where for lakers?

Looking for lake trout. I am looking for tips on where I should try. Does anyone know about cabin rental on Louise?

Lodging at Lake Louise consists of 2 lodges. Wolverine Lodge is the cheapest, Lake Louise Lodge is the nicest. I believe that LL Lodge has cabins to rent also. I don't know of any rental cabins that are actually out on the lake. I would look at staying inside so you can take a shower etc....

Mike
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Kirk Wilson has cabins for rent on the north end of crosswinds lake. Very nice and comfortable and remote. Call Kirk at 320-1016

While I am a fan of lake louise lodge if u have the chance call kirk and set something up with him. He will put you on fish on crosswinds that isnt hit nearly as hard as louise. Its like 20 mile ride in I beleive. As for where to fish lots of guys on here fish steep and deep drops but I go against the grain all together and fish 6 feet or less. I have caught a fish maybe two this way...

This one was in less than six feet.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner Ted View Post
    This one was in less than six feet.

Ted
    Good picture Ted, I didn't know a legendary freighter canoeist ice fishes too. Those are the good eating ones.

They sure are, however the big ones caught from a canoe taste pretty good, too.

Ted

Thanks for answering the post. What a great picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Rising_Creek View Post
    Looking for lake trout. I am looking for tips on where I should try. Does anyone know about cabin rental on Louise?
    If you become serious about ice fishing remote places, you might consider building or purchasing a portable structure to alleviate the costs of cabin rentals and fuel costs to get to and from the cabins to the fishing grounds. I already went this route and have some sound advice for yah if you get crazy about fishing for lakers and burbot.

There are no Lake Trout in Lake Louise. Theyve become extinct. Havent you heard?

Hint: Fish Shallow and jig hard!

Kirk Wilson has a great operation on crosswinds. He'll also help you catch fish. Big ones, little ones, and while he might prefer you release all the lakers, you can take plenty of delicious burbot home with you. Hell, he'll even cook you breakfast! I thinks he raised his rates though, call him and find out.

Release Lake Trout

I have an Eskimo Ice House I use. I am telling you now, invest into one. They are awesome, easy to set up (it basically is a pop up tent) and are portable. I have a 6 man one, and it is plenty of room. I also use a Mr. Heater with a dual burner. Heats the house quite nicely that I take layers off. I haul it all with a sled attached to my quad. I do need to get a bigger sled though, because my auger, ice house, propane tank and heater do take up a good amount of room. They sell them at SW and have them set up to look at. The 4 man version looks like it has been redesgined to make it a little more roomy. My buddy has a 4 man from last season, and fits two very comfortablely, but having four in there gets a little tight.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

I've got that whole set-up too. Sure makes ice fishing a great experience now. Caught this Laker on Saturday night...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I've got that whole set-up too. Sure makes ice fishing a great experience now. Caught this Laker on Saturday night...
    Dang! Nice Fish! What lake was this pulled from?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/