Thread: Basic and gundog training

Default Basic and gundog training

Hey guys,

New to the site and was wondering if anyone knew of any good training/boarding schools around anchorage or mat-su area. I work on the slope and I believe my training is too inconsistent since I am not there to work with the dog every night. I have a 5 month old English yellow lab (Camo) that I got out of dornschatten kennels in chugiak. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh and Camo

I'd recommend reaching out to Wetland Retrievers.
    Good luck and congrats on the new addition!
    CW

http://www.wetlandretrievers.net/

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Wetlands as well and Baron has a trip planned down south so your dog would get water work early. Over 30 years I've trained with scores of pros in the lower 48, a couple in AK and Baron is one of the most well rounded, fair to the dogs, pleasent to train with trainers I know. Your dog is a sponge right now and the English breeding predisposes him to be heavier. I had a "show" lab back in the day and know that both mental and physical challenges on a daily basis will get you a much better dog. I also worked a lot so I had to really make sure either I took them training almost daily or had them in a board and train situation.
    Linda
    www.alaskadognews.com