Thread: combination hunt and guide services

Default combination hunt and guide services

i am looking at guide services available for a 2014 hunt for my wife and I. We are yet to find someone based on their website that offers a combination hunt for sheep, moose and caribou. Do any of you know of any that i may contact this early for more information?

Quote Originally Posted by spoofman View Post
    i am looking at guide services available for a 2014 hunt for my wife and I. We are yet to find someone based on their website that offers a combination hunt for sheep, moose and caribou. Do any of you know of any that i may contact this early for more information?
    There are certainly plenty of guides who will hunt each of the species that you listed... the problem you are going to encounter is a mix of geography and hunt times (though the hunting seasons for those species are more closley aligned). For example you could do a guided sheep and caribou off the north slope with someone like Deltana... but getting moose at the same time will be problematic. You could possibly get a caribou and moose combo if you went into the eastern interior but sheep would be problematic at the same time (mostly for permit access).

My suggestion would be to try and split the trio into a group of two then a single... so do a moose caribou 10 day hunt... then do a seperate sheep hunt.... you could certainly group it the other way as well...

This far out you may be better off getting to know a few very good guides and have them help you solve the timing and geography issues... good on ya for planning this far out... we hear about guys wanting to do a major hunt like this in the next 6 months and we all just snicker at them :-)

Greg

Here is one that has hunts in the same general area for all three species. Call them and ask about a combi hunt. Just because they don't have it on their website does not mean they won't consider it.

A few minutes on google and I found this company that does combi hunts.

Most guides typically focus on hunting one species with a customer since it might take some time to find a "trophy" animal. You have to keep in mind that population densities are pretty low and it could take most of a week to get an single animal is is more than just a legal freezer filler.

[QUOTE=AK Ray;870992]Here is one that has hunts in the same general area for all three species. Call them and ask about a combi hunt. Just because they don't have it on their website does not mean they won't consider it.

Nice pics at the site AK Ray. And several all combo pics...wow beautiful bear pics.

I agree with AkGreg, go with Deltana Sheep and Caribou and work it in with another outfitter for Moose who has a HT hunt.??

Add forum member Jake, aka BRWNBR, to your list of guide-outfitters to contact.
    He may be able to assist you directly, or through other guide-outfitter contacts and associates...
    dennis

Really.........4 years from now............talk about planning ahead. The only problem is they might not be in business by then. I might suggest that you break it up and do one species a year.
    Semper Fi and God Bless