Thread: Yentna River

Default Yentna River

Well, it's a little chilly these days--minus ten in the mornings and up to plus ten in the afternoons. The trail from Scary tree to The Luce's Lodge is in pretty good shape - a little rough yet at the mouth , and a few bumps inbetween but hard packed which is good for haluling freight. The snow off the main trail has settled so should be O. K. for those of you who like to make their own trails. Plenty of snow for cooling and lubrication. Hopefully it will not get too cold this week-end. Bundle up !! Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Luce View Post
    Well, it's a little chilly these days--minus ten in the mornings and up to plus ten in the afternoons. The trail from Scary tree to The Luce's Lodge is in pretty good shape - a little rough yet at the mouth , and a few bumps inbetween but hard packed which is good for haluling freight. The snow off the main trail has settled so should be O. K. for those of you who like to make their own trails. Plenty of snow for cooling and lubrication. Hopefully it will not get too cold this week-end. Bundle up !! Dave

Hi Dave, how is the sled holding up?
    JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by alaska4ever View Post
    Hi Dave, how is the sled holding up?
    It seems to be doing fine. A couple of minor electrical contact gremlins ( corrosion??) but major. Glad to have it back in the yard Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Luce View Post
    It seems to be doing fine. A couple of minor electrical contact gremlins ( corrosion??) but major. Glad to have it back in the yard Dave

Good to hear. I hate electrical problems. Me and electricity don't get along. That is why I use oil lamps and basically anything that has nothing to do with electricity. Come next fall, I expect to be just about electric free.
    JOHN