Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Once in a lifetime Dream Hunts?

Default Once in a lifetime Dream Hunts?

If you could go on any hunt, money not a factor, where would you go and what would be your target species? I have several but if I had to choose one it would be a DIY Montana back country archery elk. Just curious as to what others dream hunts would be.

DIY? a dream hunt... ok... but Montana... ok.... ELk...ok.. archery.. ok What stops you? is it the cost of tags? seems like anyone can try for a Montana elk hunt.. (could be wrong) I would go with something like an antarctic penguin hunt..or a kayghasckjistan 4 horned milking goat hunt.. Just me though...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    DIY? a dream hunt... ok... but Montana... ok.... ELk...ok.. archery.. ok What stops you? is it the cost of tags? seems like anyone can try for a Montana elk hunt.. (could be wrong) I would go with something like an antarctic penguin hunt..or a kayghasckjistan 4 horned milking goat hunt.. Just me though...

Hahaha... hey, I just got back from Antarctica... those Penguins are mean little suckers!!

my dream hunt would be either be south africa archery for Kudo or New Zealand for Red Stag!!

Ovis Ammon Ammon!!!! Of course..........

Polar Bear or Trophy Elephant in Africa....Both dream hunts because I'll never be able to afford to hunt either of them!!

Default RM Elk

Mine is a Rocky Mountain Elk, looking specifically for a symmetrical "Royal".

RM elk generally stop getting larger at 6 points; a Royal is 7. (per side, of course. Western counting rules, of course). A good Royal has antlers so large that they're both too long, and too wide, to fit inside a longbed pickup truck's bed (without the elk attached, even)

Yeah there's lots of freaky asymmetrical elk with more than 7 points, but the symmetrical's are so much more beautiful.

OK Boys.... He said, "Money IS NO Object!!!!" How about a Snow Leopard or a Markhor???!!!

Markhors were once reserved for "Royalty" only!

Was gonna make a joke about "the last Snow Leopard" but the Cub beat me to it...
    (man, where do you get pictures like that anyway, Incredible animal, never even heard of Markhor b-4)

My boys want to go get a Tiger, just so we can feed the skull to our Beetle Colony,
    Wantin' to see those TEETH, up close

They would actually prefer a Sabertooth, so maybe that qualifies for "Extreme Dream"

Myself, I think a Rocky Mountain Bighorn might be Wild
    No real desire to travel off North America for hunts

Tryin' to keep my dreams real at the moment,
    Montana Hard Country, for Antelope and Mule Deer, would be Awesome

OH, How 'bout this one, an Aleutian ORCA !!!!!!
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

My first choice would be a trip to Africa to hunt a big male lion...second would be a trip to Russia to hunt Kamchatka Penninsula brown bears and big horn sheep.
    "Shoot straight and keep your powder dry"

I would like to go for Mongolian Argali
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Markhor would be a good place to start for goat hunters as they are both expensive and elusive in their native terrain. I think more towards a predator hunting scenario and would try for a Siberian tiger or a polar bear. That's providing they don't open season on YETIs in Tibet.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Cape Buffalo

"Black Death" is my dream hunt although a big elephant or male lion would be awesome also.

Something that could be dangerous. I stood in front of a charging elephant with nothing but a video camera and that was a great rush - although it happened so fast that it was over before I could react much. Fortuantely (for me) my friend is a great shot.

Id go for hunting Osama Bin Ladin, and that cash reward

His head on my wall would actually be the coolest first and last Trophy I'd ever keep........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Marco Polo argali in Kyrgyzstan would be my ticket...
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Polar Bear, and actually be able to bring the hide home!

It would have to be the Marco Polo sheep as long as long as your dreaming
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Polar bear or Marco Polo sheep then maybe a tiger.

Tahr and Stag in NZ with my wife for three weeks. Yup, thats a start.

A month long moose hunt with my son and best friend in Alaska would fill my dreams just fine.....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

right on john! I left youre dream hunt behind, or at least on the back burner for a few years to full-fill my dream hunts! alaska hunting and the big 3, brownies,sheep and goat. im living the dream, but guess if the skys the limit canadian whitetails or russian polar bears would have to be at the top, but im happy right where im at! just wish i could draw a kodiak bear tag!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast