Thread: Affordable ProVision bore scope

Default Affordable ProVision bore scope

Anybody seen or used on of these? Cost is much more affordable than the Hawkeye - around $150 vs. $700 or more. Model # for guns is the PV-636 with a 5.6mm tip http://www.provision100.com/products_b.html It will not .22s but most guns in Alaska are larger anyway.

http://www.realguns.com/Commentary/comar119.htm has a brief review of this borescope and it doesn't seem too bad but I can't find anyone that has done a side by side comparison.

I did a search on the forum and could not find that this item has been discussed before- if it has forgive me!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Inexpensive borescope finally arrived today - WOW!

Broke down and took a chance on one - it finally came in this morning.

Simply WOW - I've always wanted a bore scope but the price was just too high. Now for the cost of a few boxes of ammo I can now see inside my bores rather than simply looking thru either end. A lot of discover is about to start as I finally get to examine a lot of guns I've always wondered about. Is that throat on my old 03-A3 erroded or simply fouled badly? How clean are my guns - really. There will be an obvious learning curve but it should be fun.

I didn't get a camera adapter with mine so don't know if I can post any pictures. A friend does have an adapter with his if I can ever get my hands on it -he loaned it out to some one that is out of state.

Since I've now have mine I reveal that I found mine on ejunk for $43 plus $15 shipping. Got another one for $39 and there are some more from the same seller going for about the same price. I'll post the link later.

ProVision is now selling a model with more resolution so the old ones like mine may be in the process of being liquidated. However for the $$ they just can't be beat - some of the best money a serious shooter could ever spend!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I've been playing with this bore scope for a week now and learned a great deal about the inside of rifle bores. Fortunately I have a bunch of barrels around so I can compare them to each other - it would less educational with only one gun to examine.

One of the reasons I got it was to examine the 03A3 Springfield I bought nearly 50 years ago for $35. I could consistancy put my first 3 shots in 1/2" C-C although the next 2 would open the group up to 1". Not bad shooting for a 2 groove rifle with a Weaver K4 on it. I shot it for many years and never put a round of commercial ammo through it -just lots of military surplus and handloads. When I started shooting it several years ago i just couldn't get it under 2-3" at 100 yrs even with a Leupold 3.5- 10 VXIII.

I suspect the throat may be gone and the bore scope confirmed my fears. There was quite a bit of errosion and pitting in the throat area and the rifling was no longer sharp. Comparing it to a number of other '06 barrels it was clearly the most worn barrel I had.

Still recommend this bore scope as one the best tools you can get for the money!