Thread: How long before I move my traps?

Default How long before I move my traps?

This is my first time trapping. I put out a series of snares last week in an area where there was a lot of rabbit and canine tracks. Have not had any luck, nor does it look like anything has been near them. How long before I should pull them and move to a new spot?

Good question!! I had been thinking the same thing. A guy told me if you aren't haaving any luck in an area and the sign isn't there then move them around and set where the critters are. makes sense. but I am also new to trapping. kinda like fishing I suppose.

have you noticed paths around your snares>? maybe they are to high/low/wide/thick? if nothing has moved and no additional tracks, move snares after two weeks, that's what I would do. less time if I'm impatient and have nothing better to do. I set bunny snares though..lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

It is tough to answer your question without stepping foot on the line or knowing the movements of the K9's. Personally, I would leave the snares in place. The K9's were there and, most likely, they will be back. Let them soak.

I set a wolf snare on top of tracks opening morning and caught him four months later in that very same snare. It was only a matter of time before he came back.

I've always said never move a set...as soon as you do a critter will come back to that exact spot!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    I've always said never move a set...as soon as you do a critter will come back to that exact spot!
    LOL. I like this advice.

i feel the same way huntress does...dont move the set...just make more sets