Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: 150 sled dogs go to the pound

  1. #1
    Member zeda34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Willow
    Posts
    168

    Default 150 sled dogs go to the pound

    Check out to KTUU. I made the mistake of buying a dog from this man for my son.

  2. #2
    Member zeda34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Willow
    Posts
    168

    Default

    We tried to turn this guy in last summer and were told they couldnt do anything about it. Its hard to tell how many dogs died since then.

  3. #3
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    well i bet 149 of them will be killed by the pound.
    Semper Fi!

  4. #4
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    I posted this this morning on the global thread. If you go to ADN.com, and start to read the replies at the end of the story, you will see a comment that tells you a place in Palmer gives the shelter discounts and matches the first 500n dollars. It might have been the alaska pet palace but you might want to check if you want to donate. Tis a shame those dogs are left with idiots like this and allowed to make $$ off of them
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  5. #5
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    oh COMEON! this isnt a uncommon happening in the valley, lots of animal abuse around there.
    Semper Fi!

  6. #6
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    oh COMEON! this isnt a uncommon happening in the valley, lots of animal abuse around there.
    If you see it and don't report it. You are part of the problem.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

  7. #7
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    If you see it and don't report it. You are part of the problem.

    i got one of them walmart pay as you go phone, i dont have enough money or time to report everything.
    Semper Fi!

  8. #8
    Member GrizzlyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeda34 View Post
    Check out to KTUU. I made the mistake of buying a dog from this man for my son.
    Sounds like you made the mistake of saving 1 dog. Good mistake I think for at least one dogs life.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

  9. #9
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Graythorn, there is a time and place for everything and levity on this subject is not really warranted nor appreciated. Please respect the gravity of this sad situation cause humans have dominion over all animals. Call me collect and I will give you my private Phone number and I will report what you say to the authorities, Just a PM will work but please leave this alone if all you have is snide remarks. Just a simple Pm and you will have my private phone. Enough said.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  10. #10
    Member duckslayer56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland...not by choice
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    I hope they can pull through, and find a loving family. I hate to see this kind of thing happen to dogs. I can't see how anybody could treat them this way, after all they do for us. The report on adn, shows everything the shelter needs for these dogs. We are going to contribute a lot of food and blankets. Hopefully we can provide some comfort for them.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

  11. #11
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    well theres "sarah palin's alaska" for you.
    Semper Fi!

  12. #12
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    well theres "sarah palin's alaska" for you.
    While I sometimes enjoy your crude whit. It has already been suggested once nicely that you are out of line.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

  13. #13
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    While I sometimes enjoy your crude whit. It has already been suggested once nicely that you are out of line.

    ya animal abuse is no laughing matter forsure.. but it seems people turn a blind eye to it in the mat-su
    Semper Fi!

  14. #14

    Default

    While I don't condone animal abuse of any kind. Seems to me that someone stole 150 dogs from someone they couldn't aford to upkeep or treat in a humane manner. Kinda sounds like the shelter is guilty of animal abuse to me ! CATCH 22 ; DUH !!
    I'm sure they'll be put to sleep in a kind and loving manner and then incenerated on the tax-payers dime.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

    On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

  15. #15
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    While I don't condone animal abuse of any kind. Seems to me that someone stole 150 dogs from someone they couldn't aford to upkeep or treat in a humane manner. Kinda sounds like the shelter is guilty of animal abuse to me ! CATCH 22 ; DUH !!
    I'm sure they'll be put to sleep in a kind and loving manner and then incenerated on the tax-payers dime.
    It is odd that an entity that cannot afford the upkeep of the animals would take them away from a guy in the same position.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    While I don't condone animal abuse of any kind. Seems to me that someone stole 150 dogs from someone they couldn't aford to upkeep or treat in a humane manner. Kinda sounds like the shelter is guilty of animal abuse to me ! CATCH 22 ; DUH !!
    I'm sure they'll be put to sleep in a kind and loving manner and then incenerated on the tax-payers dime.
    Really? That guy didn't look for help. He was letting these animals die. THe shelter has already had over 6000 dollars of public donations. YEs some of these animals will need to be put down because it was too late to save them. THe shelter and animal control did nothing wrong. THey did not steal these animals they are giving these animals a second chance. I guess with that logic human services shouldn't take kids from houses where they are being abused because there budget is a little tight.

  17. #17
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    Really? That guy didn't look for help. He was letting these animals die. THe shelter has already had over 6000 dollars of public donations. YEs some of these animals will need to be put down because it was too late to save them. THe shelter and animal control did nothing wrong. THey did not steal these animals they are giving these animals a second chance. I guess with that logic human services shouldn't take kids from houses where they are being abused because there budget is a little tight.
    On the flip side, the state will pay to feed and care for a persons children if they lose their job. Had the state given this guy 6K worth of hills science diet do you think he would have fed the dogs? I don't know the guy and am just playing devils advocate here but it is something to think about.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    On the flip side, the state will pay to feed and care for a persons children if they lose their job. Had the state given this guy 6K worth of hills science diet do you think he would have fed the dogs? I don't know the guy and am just playing devils advocate here but it is something to think about.
    True but did this guy ask you for money?? He didn't ask me, or try to give they dogs away he couldn't take care of. He just let them die, I think once animals start dieing because you can't take care of them it's time to ask for help. There are many shelters and foster homes around that could of helped, this guy didn't go these routes and because of this many dogs died and he is facing criminal charges.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    THey did not steal these animals they are giving these animals a second chance. I guess with that logic human services shouldn't take kids from houses where they are being abused because there budget is a little tight.
    REALLY ! Where I come from if you take something that isn't yours it's THEFT. I don't believe the shelter owned any of these animals. And dogs in NO WAY compare to children and don't (or shouldn't) have civil rights. ANd just because the budget at home is a little tight doesn't mean children are being abused. OH My God "Mom my cell phone is out of minutes" is a catastrophe for a 15 year old girl, but it isn't child abuse.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

    On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    REALLY ! Where I come from if you take something that isn't yours it's THEFT. I don't believe the shelter owned any of these animals. And dogs in NO WAY compare to children and don't (or shouldn't) have civil rights. ANd just because the budget at home is a little tight doesn't mean children are being abused. OH My God "Mom my cell phone is out of minutes" is a catastrophe for a 15 year old girl, but it isn't child abuse.
    Really?? Dogs don't have civil rights then why did Micheal Vick spend two years in prison and why is this guy facing criminal charges? They broke the law!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •