Thread: Symphony Lake

Default Symphony Lake

Has anyone ever ice fished this lake? I see on the state page that it is stocked, but don't know if it's a good idea to get out there during winter. Would this be a better lake to flyfish in the summer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    FM

theres a ton of grayling in it but I wouldn't want to haul an auger all the way out there
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Any avalanche danger on the hike in? I don't have a power auger, so weight is really not a problem, but being covered in snow is!
    Thanks,
    FM

Default Better

There is better fishing elswhere this time of year. There are fish in there and have fished them in the spring with some sucess.

The danger isn't too high, as you are mainly along the bottom of the valley or in the alders. That's not to say that there is no danger. If an avalanche started above you, there's nowhere for you to really go to get out of the way. The valley is pretty narrow, so there are few places between the trailhead and the lake that are completely safe. Still, I wouldn't worry too much about starting one. The trail sees a fair amount of traffic, even in the winter.

Let us know if you go and how you did. I've wondered about this one myself.

-Brian

Thanks guys! I might try this one soon. I'm just looking for a little adventure and a hike with some good fishing at the middle. I'll share any reports.
    FM

If you go on a Saturday or Sunday and want some company, let me know. I live close by and would be up for a hike back to the lakes for some fishing.

-Brian