Thread: Who wants to go for a boat ride???

Default Who wants to go for a boat ride???

Today...NE wind 40 kt. Gusts to 70 kt out of interior passes. Seas 8 ft. Freezing spray. .Tonight...N wind 35 kt. Gusts to 65 kt out of interior passes. Seas 7 ft. Heavy freezing spray. .Thu...N gale to 35 kt. Gusts to 65 kt out of interior passes. Seas 7 ft. Heavy freezing spray. .Thu night...N gale to 40 kt. Gusts to 70 kt out of interior passes. Seas 8 ft. Heavy freezing spray. .Fri...N storm force wind to 50 kt. Gusts to 85 kt out of interior passes. Seas 10 ft. Heavy freezing spray. .Sat...N gale to 40 kt. Seas 8 ft. .Sun...N wind 30 kt. Seas 6 ft.

I'm thinking friday is a good day to stay home....
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

goin out in ur inflatable...... i'm in

Looks like it will be a bit sporty.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I've been looking at the hourly obs for Eldred Rk., Pt. Retreat and Cape Spencer throughout the day. Peak winds of 70 kts at Eldred and Spencer most of the day. Spencer went over 80 kts one hour.

Funny thing is, it seems calmer here in the channel that it was yesterday.

Gonna get cold here for the next few days.

The wind is pretty localized. Out at my house there's barely a breeze, but you can see if smoking out of Taku. Seems like the wind is going across the channel instead of up the channel so the waves aren't building.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Default Winds

I talked to a coastie yesterday who said they had to take the 47 footer out to Taku Inlet, south of Gastinau Channel (Juneau) to assist a boat taking on water. Guess they were able to dewater it but makes me wonder who/why someone would chose to be out there of all places on a day like that.

Quote Originally Posted by smtdvm View Post
    I talked to a coastie yesterday who said they had to take the 47 footer out to Taku Inlet, south of Gastinau Channel (Juneau) to assist a boat taking on water. Guess they were able to dewater it but makes me wonder who/why someone would chose to be out there of all places on a day like that.
    Hey, nothing like a little "excitement" to liven up your life...

It would be pretty cool to see a video of what its like down there on a REALLY nasty day...

Default windy!

50-75 mph winds here in the valley for the last day or two. Made a mess of all my blue tarps. Glad my camper is still standing on its feet and no timber down caused any damage so far [knocks on wood].