Thread: Airboat on Ice

Default Airboat on Ice

Here is a recent picture from some Friends in Canada. I posted pictures of this boat a few weeks ago before it shipped. Here it is being used.

Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

When I was a young man in Iowa there was a fellow that would take us across the Mississippi River in an old wooden scow with a tin bottom powered by an aircraft engine. He would charge us a dollar each to take us to the Wisconsin side of the river and pick us up again later in the day. There were no roads on the Wisconsin side so the backwater sloughs were fantastic pan fishing as compared to the Iowa side which had road access all along the river. The river would be mostly frozen but it was unsafe to trust the main channel hence the airboat.

any chance you have any pictures. Sounds pretty cool!
    Faron Floyd
    Vice President
    American Airboat Corp
    airboatcapt2@aol.com
    409-920-0716 Cell
    1-800-241-6390 Office
    www.americanairboats.com
    "The Quality Remains long after the Price is Forgotten!

a nice thick p-tex bottom and an air ride cab would the the cats meow for winter cabin runs

No pictures but the Iowa side would get so many people fishing for pan fish that the ice would actually bow down several inches allowing water to come up out of the holes onto the ice. When someone would come to ice fish they would see a group out on the ice and they naturally headed over to where they were thinking that must be where the action is. Those backwater bodies of water on the Wisconsin side had some darn nice crappies and bluegills in them. I will date myself and state that I moved up here in 1974 and this was several years prior to my move to Alaska. Jeeze those were the days of the Brownie Box Cameras.