Thread: Colt Boa value

Default Colt Boa value

Does any body keep up on the Colts enough to know what the asking price for a new in the box Colt Boa would be?

Do you have one available?

Thinking about turning one into something else

Sell it and buy a new boat engine.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaULater View Post
    Sell it and buy a new boat engine.
    Need to make a down payment on the kids next match rifle - don't need a new boat engine cause my buddy has a new ocean boat and he owes me a bunch of trips!

PM sent...

Best advice I can give is to offer it on Gunbrokers for 14 days. This will give enough time so any would be Colt collector can find it and help insure you get what it is worth.
    Sometimes you can get lucky and a bidding war will erupt
    Tennessee

If you haven't already, check out http://www.coltforum.com/forums/ Lots of knowledgeable guys over there. Maybe you can search the classifieds and find out some info as well.

Thanks for the replies - Gunbroker was what I had in mind - Was trying to find a fair starting point - would love to see a bidding war!

Hmmmmm..........start with maybe a $799 reserve (or whatever you feel comfortable with), 14 day auction. A few will bid on it but most likely the price will not go up much until the last couple of hours before the auction expires.
    Everyone seems to think no one else will know about it and are afraid of driving the prices up. Be patient and you will be rewarded
    Tennessee

Started with $1800 and some one bid one it 4 minutes after I posted it - several people watching it in the first 8 hours. Hope they all want it bad - My girls have expensive shooting hobbies

You have to love the auction site - How else would you get 51 people to take notice and hopefully bid on a collectible firearm. 3 days left - let the bidding begin.

Great investment on your part Hope it sells for way more than you expected. This is a classic reason why people who are unsure of firearms values (not implying you are) list them on auction sites.

I once tried to sell a stainless left hand 458 Lott here for $1,500. Got about 10 tire kickers and 9 low ball offers. Listed the rifle on Gunbrokers and it sold for $2,100.
    Tennessee

Looks like it is doing really well. It will be interesting to follow it to the end. You ought to be able to take quite a bite out of your daughter's shooting habits when it finally sells. Good luck.
    ARR

Bought the Kids new rifle and had a couple hundred to spare from the Boa sale - She is pretty excited