Thread: evinrude is making multifuel outboards

Default evinrude is making multifuel outboards

We have talked about someone coming up with a viable diesel/ jet fuel/ kerosene, fueled outboard for sometime, and it seems BRP has a grant to fulfill the needs of the military in completely doing away with having Gasoline on board ships. This means that in order to power the needed small craft, they would have to be powered by jet fuel, or diesel or kerosene.
    the outboard has the ability to switch between all fuels including gasoline.
    here is the link
    http://www.boats.com/blog/2009/11/ev...p-off-the-gas/
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Too bad it's not Kenai legal....

Yeah, this has been out for a while. I just don't see much of a recreational market for a 250#, 55hp, pull start, tiller motor. Heck, my old school 90-horse Johnson might weigh less than that if I pulled the starter off.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Its also designed to be completely submerged, sent out through a 30" submarine tube, then started when it gets to the surface, it is self draining for that purpose.

very cool technology, I really could use the ability to fit it out a 30" submarine tube but the only problem is getting my big butt through the same tube.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    very cool technology, I really could use the ability to fit it out a 30" submarine tube but the only problem is getting my big butt through the same tube.
    I would probably have the same problem, your not alone.

Well that 55 HP multi-fuel Militray E-TEC is available to the public for $15,900. Kinda kills the savings.

Sobie2

If thats what it costs for us can you amagine what they charge the military...add a zero $159,000

$15,900 really, that is an insane amount of money, I would have to buy my submarine first, then a treadmill so i can use the torpedo tube with my new outboard

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    The trick would be to find a way to remotely start the engine when it got to the surface and just make sure you are tied off to it. Might solve the problem with getting yourself out the tube....

wow #250 thats insane my 1974 jonson 75hp with the jet unit is only #225, the multi fuel is cool though there was a video on youtube of them running it on wiskey, black velvet i belive. i would save my money and go hunt africa instead i dont see myself crawling out of a torpedo tube with a zodiak anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    there was a video on youtube of them running it on wiskey, black velvet i belive.

Draining water out:

Quote Originally Posted by russiarulez View Post

Draining water out:
    This raises a question, when we cross the boarder US to CA we are only allowed XX amount of beverage. What if it's our source of fuel???? This motor might have some merit