Thread: Fairbanks Retriever Club spring training classes

Default Fairbanks Retriever Club spring training classes

Online registration is now available at http://www.fairbanksretrieverclub.org/classes.html

FRC will hold retriever training classes Sunday afternoons, March 6-May 9, 2011. The first five sessions will be held in Camp Li-wa's heated indoor barn. We'll move outside in the vicinity of the Chena Lakes Flood Control project for the remaining sessions.

The exact dates are:
    Indoors: March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3
    Outdoors: April 17, 24, May 1, 8

Retrievers must be 4 months or older (at the first class) with current vaccinations. The first class will meet at 3 p.m. and the second class at 4:30. Each class covers the same material so when enrollment opens, be sure to sign up for the time that fits your schedule best. Each class is one hour. Class size is limited. First come, first served after enrollment opens. Enrollment is $100. Current membership is required.

We will be instructing the owner/handlers on the basics of starting your dog for hunting and field work. This includes basic field obedience, teaching to retrieve, and preparing the dog for more advanced training. The outdoor sessions will include land and water work (if water is warm enough).

FRC classes are limited to the AKC recognized retriever breeds. This includes:
    Labrador Retriever
    Chesapeake Bay Retriever
    Golden Retriever
    Flat-Coated Retriever
    Curly-Coated Retriever
    Irish Water Spaniel
    Standard Poodle
    Nova-Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
    Upland breeds and mixed breeds (limited to a mix of the above breeds) will be accepted on a standby basis if space available.

Sign up by downloading the registration form and mailing it in, or sign up online and pay via Paypal.

Here's a bump to the top and another plug for the upcoming classes. Enroll soon, space is limited!

Due to the size of the barn & time constraints, each session will be limited to about 15 dogs. If anyone has any questions they can contact me from the Club's website.

Karen

I signed up for the course and my dog is looking forward to it.

Default Correction to flyer

Just noticed the phone number on the flyer is wrong. It should be 479 instead of 488. Sorry!!!

captiondd - Look forward to meeting you & Dee Dee at the classes! I'll have 7 year old Ben in one of the sessions to provide comic relief

Karen

Only a few slots left & classes start Saturday!

Karen I thought Classes started on Sunday the 6th?

You're right Dennis -- classes do start Sunday! (I'm just losing my mind today)