Thread: Black bears an Alders???

Default Black bears an Alders???

I'm reading a book called "Alaska, Wilderness Hunter" writen buy Harold "Zeke" Schetzle back in the 80's. He talks about Prince William Sound being full of Black bears. He also mentions how much most hunters up there hate Alders. He also mentions one of his hunters being peaved about a 62 1/2 inch Moose. Isn't that a pretty big moose and are there that many bear on Prince William?

A 62" moose is indeed a pretty big moose, but if you look through the past year's photo galleries you'll see that they're not unheard of for those who hunt hard in the right areas. As for Prince William Sound, there are a lot of black bears out there, but there are also a lot of hunters in many parts of the Sound. Good hunting, but in most places you won't be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    A 62" moose is indeed a pretty big moose, but if you look through the past year's photo galleries you'll see that they're not unheard of for those who hunt hard in the right areas. As for Prince William Sound, there are a lot of black bears out there, but there are also a lot of hunters in many parts of the Sound. Good hunting, but in most places you won't be alone.
    yeah, it's almost like someone wrote a book telling the world about how many bears were out there and how great the hunting is (was).....

I read this book and I was told the hunting was good. It was easy hunting just...........

I was just wandering. I realy like black bear hunting down here. I walk a lot when i hunt and his descriptions sound like my kinda deal. Now if i can convince the wife to sell her gran parents an aunts houses in Sterling. We can pack off to the boonies.

Yes Sir Crew-Dawg,
    Move on out to Boonieville or Alderville, Alaska. Black bears just crawling all over those places. Come live the dream!