Thread: CZ rifles American or Czech??

Question CZ rifles American or Czech??

Was looking at CZ's line of .22 LR and noticed that some are Czech made and some are made in Kansas City. Always thought they were foriegn made...what's the scoop??

American made: http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/pro...tail.php?id=46
    Czech made: http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/pro...etail.php?id=3

Default CZ's..

My grand kids and I own a total of seven of the CZ 22 LR rifles and all are stamped, made in the Czech Republic, except for my old ones which are made in Czechoslovakia.

I don't think they are made in Kansas City, Kansas. I didn't see any info on your web address that says made in USA.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default hmmm...

Thanks Murph, I was under the same assumption as you. Thought they all came from overseas, but I picked one up just last weekend that was stamped "Kansas City." I saw it with my own eyes. It was stamped on top of the action. I don't recall looking closely at the barrel though, maybe a partial? Not sure.

Default cz guns

I got this from their website

All distribution, warranty work and repair work is located in the Kansas City KS. Location, along with a well stocked parts department.

Factory trained Sales staff and warranty repair station personnel are available to assist you from 8:30am-5m Monday-Friday Central standard time. Feel free to contact directly our master gunsmith Mike for more details at gunsmith@cz-usa.com

Thumbs up am I the only one that loses sleep over stuff like this?

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    I got this from their website

All distribution, warranty work and repair work is located in the Kansas City KS. Location, along with a well stocked parts department.

Factory trained Sales staff and warranty repair station personnel are available to assist you from 8:30am-5m Monday-Friday Central standard time. Feel free to contact directly our master gunsmith Mike for more details at gunsmith@cz-usa.com
    Thanks, I will have my answer for you and Murphy tomorrow...hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by BucknRut View Post
    Was looking at CZ's line of .22 LR and noticed that some are Czech made and some are made in Kansas City. Always thought they were foriegn made...what's the scoop??

American made: http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/pro...tail.php?id=46
    Czech made: http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/pro...etail.php?id=3
    My CZ 452 17hmr is stamped with kansas city also.... My understanding is the one's shipped to be sold/dist. through kansas city and then to all of us in the u.s. get that stamp now. could be wrong, read it on rimfirecentral a couples of months ago.

Thumbs up I'm glad I'm not going nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by CZ_IN_AK View Post
    My CZ 452 17hmr is stamped with kansas city also.... My understanding is the one's shipped to be sold/dist. through kansas city and then to all of us in the u.s. get that stamp now. could be wrong, read it on rimfirecentral a couples of months ago.
    CZ - Is there anything stamped on the barrel or is Kansas City only stamped on the action?

Thanks for the hit!

Smile Zbrovka...

"CZ USA, Kansas City KS", is the importer. It does not say made in Kansas, Toto. That's what is stamped on one side of the receiver and on the other side is "Made in Czech Republic". Depending on which model which side the stamp is on. The all say that and they are all made in a foreign country. NONE of them are made in Kansas City. How much does it matter? The Czech's are hard working people just trying to make a buck. The aren't likely to use any of this money to attack us later on and besides they do make a helluva good rifle.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Czech mate at that!

I have a CZ manlicher in 223 and its a great gun.
    Formerly known as one who clings to guns and religion

Talking Without the Czech's, we wouldn't have the polka!!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    "CZ USA, Kansas City KS", is the importer. It does not say made in Kansas, Toto. That's what is stamped on one side of the receiver and on the other side is "Made in Czech Republic". Depending on which model which side the stamp is on. The all say that and they are all made in a foreign country. NONE of them are made in Kansas City. How much does it matter? The Czech's are hard working people just trying to make a buck. The aren't likely to use any of this money to attack us later on and besides they do make a helluva good rifle.
    You hit it right on the nose Murph! "Depending on which model which side the stamp is on." I had to go back today to make sure I wasn't going bonkers and you are absolutely right...all of the autos had it stamped on one side and all of the bolt-actions had it stamped on the other! They were in a case when I was viewing them and could only see one side of the receiver. And I apologize, I was wrong in saying that any of them were made in Kansas City.

Curiousity had just gotten the best of me after a few days of thinking about it. I had no intentions of stirring the pot with a dirty spoon. I could care less where the CZ's are made, I will admit that I thought maybe the one I read Kansas City on was a knockoff since it was cheaper in price and had a different finish on the metal (can't believe I just said that about an American made product, but true).

Thanks for helping me get my mind back. I think after all of this disgrace I better go show my support by buying me one of them there CZ's ;-)

Joshua

Thumbs up I'm holding out for one!

I'm all worked up over their Left Hand 527 in .223 that is supposed to be out. I haven't seen one and I hear they are on back order.
    Buddy of mine has a RH and it's awesome. I've got no bones about buying one as there is simply no American equivelant made. Unless I want to carry a 2 ton Sendero over hill and dale...... not!

When I get mine I'll be sure to post pics...

ciao y'all....

reuben....

Not "equivalent" in terms of real wood and finsih by any means, but I've been delighted with Savage's stainless/synthetic lefty 223. Mine's had many thousands of rounds through it (sod poodles on our place in the Southwest), meanwhile bouncing around in a pickup and spending days on a horse. I leave it with our hands each year and they never bother to clean it. It was so dirty when I got down there last time that I could barely open the action and the bore was BLACK. Spent some time cleaning (and chewing tails!), but once everything was back in order it still hovered around an inch at 100 yards with factory loads. I can document that it's shot close to 10,000 rounds now because I pay the ammo bills at the coop.

By no means as nice as my CZ American in 22LR, but it's sure hard to fault it for performance.