Thread: Local Wolf Pack

Default Local Wolf Pack

How fun...went out to feed the dogs, the wolves were howling tonight. Sounded like one was just across the street, and 2 to 3 more were just over on the other side of the field with in a half mile. Normally they start howling as a pack and they sound way away across the river... Not tonight...they sounded just up the road. With in a mile or so of the house. When the whole pack started singing it sounded as if there were around 10 to 20 in the pack including the one across the street from me and the ones just up by the field. What fun. I do enjoy feeding at this time of the night for a reason.

Cool!

Love it when that happens
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Welcome to the Forums Washkeeton, Mind if I ask where do you live?

Cool Post, sounds awesome
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

You dont live by Martin Buser do ya? J/K...

Are you remote?

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Welcome to the Forums Washkeeton, Mind if I ask where do you live?

Cool Post, sounds awesome
    Thanks for the welcome..I have been here reading for the past, how ever many years. I really enjoy the diversity of the forum. No I don't live near Martin Buser...lol. Is he having wolf problems? Before I moved from Fairbanks back when, I know that 2 iditarod mushers lost dogs to a wolf pack. They were with in a mile of where I was living at the time.

From that experience, I started fencing my dog lot..I'm thankful because a few years back... I'm thinking almost 3 now, I had a wolverine come visit around mid June and take most of my 70 free range chickens. She only left me 7. There is about 4 places in my chain link fence you can see where she tried to get into it. She came back 4 times that I know of. I saw her one night. She was seen in the neighborhood for over 2 months... I had my first black bear come into my yard that year also. I'm out in the valley with dreams of living in the bush or on the edge again.