Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) SeaSport 2200

Default New (to me) SeaSport 2200

Well my wife and I ended our search over the Christmas break--as some may recall from previous post, we had been looking at 22' boats over the past year and a half and had narrowed between a Seasport and Hewes Searunner. The Seasport won out, although I still like both boats and enjoy my buddies searunner quite a bit.

We ended up with a 2006 SeaSport Sportsman that we got from a fella over in Seward with essentially everything we need. It came in immaculate shape, had a survey done and local machanics check it out since it was winter, it has 5.0 VP GXi, duoprop outdrive, stainless props, Yami kicker with electric trim, etc, Scotty downriggers, Avon raft, pot puller, four shrimp pots, downrigger and halibut weights, gaffs, rods/reels, cooler, cart, Garmin plotter, eagle sounder, some service/maintence supplies--whole ball of wax.

I wouldn't mind upgrading the electronics and can see a stove sometime down the road, but otherwise, its fairly set up. We are considering putting into Homer harbor for the season and getting a private slip next year, so barrier coat and bottom paint will be in order if we head that way. If so, may upgade electronics at the same time if I decide to also upgrade the transducer (considering a bronze through-hull, but nervous).

Other than that, I'm ready for spring darn it.

Here are a couple pictures of the boat--taken by previous owner.
    Will
    IMG_3558Medium.jpgP1010241Large.jpg
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Very nice boat.

Looks to be in great shape, I think you did well.
    Afflicted by condition human

Its beautiful. Congrats on your boat purchase.

Nice looking boat, congratulations. Now the long wait til spring starts. What will be your first trip out? I imagine you have been putting some thought into this already.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Wow you got a beaut and just think of all the extra out of pocket $$$ you don't need to shell out right away for all those essential extras that came with it! I think there's a bunch of past threads on the bottom coating you might want to check out. Also on extra anode protection if you are going to leave it in the harbor/water long term, although I don't know how critical that is on a glass boat. I know you and your wife are really excited about the coming season!

Good for you. Now start creating some memories!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Two things you have that I wish for often in my searunner,
    1)the ability to put that large cooler on the swim platform and get it off the fish deck
    2)the cuddy, when buying I never thought I'ld want one, that changed quickly

Nice Boat Enjoy!

Wow, nice boat. You did well picking that one up. Its looks practically brand new. You might try the first season trailering it. That way you could explore Seward, Homer and PWS. Given your location you are smack in the middle of it all and they all have things to offer that the others don't. Maybe we can hook up this summer and I can check it out. I've always been a fan of Seasports. The pictures sure make her look like a beautiful boat.

Hope you have lots of luck in your new boat this summer. Good luck.

Congrats and welcome to the "club". Looks like it was well equiped also. You will love it.

Congratulations! That is a good looking ride.

I agree with patrick, a boat that size isn't too much to trailer around, I had a 22' for several years that I would take to Whittier, Seward, and Homer. I loved the versatility. Now I have a boat that is going to be too big for trailering so I will have to decide where I want to base it out of. I know the Homer area the best, so it is likely I will start there. hope to see you on the water, congrats on a nice boat!
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I certainly want to check out all the different waters and plan to go out of Wittier, Seward and Homer this year. I do not have room at our current house for the boat, only spot I have it already taken with drift boat and other toys, so have to store somewhere, and figured will leave it in Homer most of the year. Its currently over in Seward and will leave it there for a while to have the bottom coating and wait till some spring trips.

I have been kicking the idea around for several years and waiting. Plan is to head out of Wittier a couple time in the spring for bears and whatever fishing is available--mostly just exploring. Then the rest fo the spring summer in Homer, then Seward fro silvers and exploring, then back to Wittier for at least another weekend trip or two to finish out the year. Thats the thought anyway.

I need to get out this spring early and go after winter kings a bit, get the trolling thing figured out. I am dialed in on fishing everything in the rivers and butts out of Homer, but the whole downrigger and trolling thing is going to be a bit of a learning curve. Figure the early spring with fewer boats at the dock and on the water will provide a good time to get out there and figure out the lot.

Previous owner threw in some flashers, but not many colors, I will need to add some trolling gear and a couple more halibut rods, after that, she's ready to go. Need to figure out a name for her still.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Nice boat and accessories.

Default Here is a pic regarding the PM

Hopefully this picture came through ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice machine...and very capable...it will go places that will park a Searunner.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Wildwill,
    Very nice looking boat.If you are ansty to get your boat in the water (aren't we all)save March 19th for the Homer Winter King Tournament.Hope to see you out there.

Hey WildWill, Your boat looks just like mine, except for the rear awning cover. I wrote a whole bunch of winterizing info down for you, but pm said your inbox needed to be cleared out. So either clear it out so I can resend it, or send me your email address.

Gary

If you need some one to try it out let me know I am already in Seward.

Will...4 things just came to mind:

1) trolling you got to do for kings, but when you go after silvers later in the summer, try to find where they are jumping and cast for them, especially in shallower water it's a hoot, they jump a lot and I think it's just more fun to cast than troll...and of course you can always mooch for both species once you find kings or silvers by trolling

2) If you go out to PWS from Whittier in May, that can be prime shrimping season, so try out those new pots, set em, go hunting, check em!

3) That boat already have a name? There's a special ceremony you do NOT want to go without if you are changing the name, google "changing a boat name"...there is even a book out about it!

4) If this is your first boat in the salt, maybe you don't know to NEVER EVER let bananas on your boat

My first salfwater boat, but been on the saltwater enough fishing and diving to know the 'no bananas' bit. Although my mother-in-law must forgot about it last year, put a sour, slow finish to our season. Her stocking this year has a "no bananas" sticker and fridge magnet to help her remember.

Boat has never had a name, so she's just awaiting for one. Bears and shrimp sound like an absolute must this spring. You ever seen folks have much luck casting flys with fly rod for silvers when they are popping the surface?

Thanks all, is it time yet? Feel like a 4 year old awaiting Christmas. Days feel like months, and months like years.

Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast