Thread: Turnagain

Default Turnagain

Did anyone go up to turnagain today? If so how was the snow?
    Debating on turny or p ville.
    I know the avalanche danger is bad at turny. We were just going to dink around at the bottom. Just picked up a new sled so I want to get out

Thanks

Not much snow in Turnagian, I am surprised that they have NOT closed it. There is about 18" to 22" in the pass. I was just through there twice yesterday. I think the riding would be both fairly good and safe. Now that it has cooled off the avalanche danger is mitigated.

your mis info wil get someone killed did you see how much of the mountain fell in the avalanche 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    your mis info wil get someone killed did you see how much of the mountain fell in the avalanche 2 days ago.

I suggest you go to the dictionary and look up..........."MITIGATED" ..........It just happens to be the key word in my statement about the avalanche danger.

Yea I check the advisory every time before I go. Thanks for the info. I will be staying low today. Not worth the risk. Thanks guys

It won't be good for liquid cooled machines. The snow is like concrete.

I was there today, snow is crappy in most areas, went up and over into the First Bowl (I think that's the name of it) had a blast in some very nice deep pow. Lots of fresh avalanches, but still saw a lot of people high marking. Was a great day though, clear skies and sunny.

Has anyone been up Turnagain in the last few days? The weather cams in the arm look crappy! 40* and wet looking. I was wondering how the pass was if anyone has driven through it or attempted to ride! Hopefully the avy's are defying gravity still!

Thanks for any info.

GP

Palmer Creek is good.