Thread: Candy Cane Syrup

Default Candy Cane Syrup

You guys ever hear of this? I must have thousands of candy canes now since I bought a bunch at the after Xmas clearance sales. I had to find something innovative to do with them. I was thinking a syrup, googled it and found a recipe! Going to give it a shot, should work great for pouring on stumps and bait. Here's a link to the recipe:
    http://www.chicaandjo.com/2010/01/06/candy-cane-syrup/
    Ingredients: Sugar, Water, and Candy Canes

So simple its stupid, going to get my turkey fryer going one of these days and make a big batch. If your looking for a good deal on candy canes, Target has loads of them for as cheap as 8 cents a box. I can only imagine the bears would love this. I'll keep you all updated on this!

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    You guys ever hear of this? I must have thousands of candy canes now since I bought a bunch at the after Xmas clearance sales. I had to find something innovative to do with them. I was thinking a syrup, googled it and found a recipe! Going to give it a shot, should work great for pouring on stumps and bait. Here's a link to the recipe:
    http://www.chicaandjo.com/2010/01/06/candy-cane-syrup/
    Ingredients: Sugar, Water, and Candy Canes

So simple its stupid, going to get my turkey fryer going one of these days and make a big batch. If your looking for a good deal on candy canes, Target has loads of them for as cheap as 8 cents a box. I can only imagine the bears would love this. I'll keep you all updated on this!
    That is entirely more work than I'm willing to go for. Kudos to you. I keep it simple: Molasses, marshmallows, COB, variety of baitem907 products and presto. Bears love it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I'll bet they would make a fantastic burn that would get a mint smell over a huge area.
    Chuck

Actually it seems to be a quick, easy process if you do it in a large batch, say 5 gallons using a turkey fryer. I agree with you about keeping it simple I just use Popcorn, sweets/candy, molasses and Baitem907 products. Oh yeah, i'm sure a burn would work great!