Thread: For Gearheads...and Those Who Know Gearheads

Default For Gearheads...and Those Who Know Gearheads

Two movies at this URL. "Fly rod" is a bit long, but drips a sarcastic humor, especially near the end. LMAO at "fly reel."

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7795583/

hahahahaha...

Awesome!

Rep for that.

hahaha...this reminds me of somebody on this forum! Funny Post!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    hahaha...this reminds me of somebody on this forum! Funny Post!

Fish On!
    As nice a guy as you are bigcox, this post is unlike you. You left us hanging intentionally just because its against your principal to point fingers. Not so fast big fella! We got ya this time, time to follow through and tell us who

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    As nice a guy as you are bigcox, this post is unlike you. You left us hanging intentionally just because its against your principal to point fingers. Not so fast big fella! We got ya this time, time to follow through and tell us who
    haha...come on bush....you know I can't post who I think it is. I would if I knew the member personally, but I'm just not the type of person. I can't talk SH** about somebody I haven't met in person. I like the new avatar, looks crazy. Is that you?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

haha...I got kids to feed!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Classic! Yes that is well worth a Rep Point and very well done! It shold be posted evey time some ask that age old question I am getting into Fly Fishing what type of Rod and Reel should I purchase and what gear is required to use them!

Reminds me of a place and time long ago! I was invited to fish at a place called the Blue Mountain Lake Club in Up-State NY. We hiked in about 2 miles to fish a very nice Lake that had only Brook Trout and had been managed that way for going on 30 years. This was 1990 at the time. I was involved with several people who of course loved Latin and fly fishing so I was learning the names of the local flies in Latin as best I could. Yes I was a fly fishing snob!!!!!

So the story goes on: my fishing friend and I were at the lake outlet having a very fine day of fishing Brook Trout and a plane with a canoe started to circle, landed and then taxied up towards us. When the people got out of the plane about 100 yards away one walked over to us and asked how we were doing and what we were using for flies. Me being an official fly fishing snob and knowing just enough Latin at that time concerning may flies stated as best I could the fly name in Latin.

The Guy stood there for about 20 seconds puzzled and then said!!!! Funny I was just here last week and they were taking fuzzy nut scrathers and then just walked away. Come to find out later it was three doctors who were part of the club and just flew in from NY city as they did just about every weeked to fish their famous fly the old FNS.

All May-Flies are now Red Quill, Hex, LWF's, Green Drakes, Western Slate Drakes, Lady Beaverkills, Slate Drakes, Brown Drakes, Spinners and or Duns! Beside who the heck am I a person with bad spelling and speach habits to try and use Latin.

Again great post! Keeping it humble!