Thread: 800 sno pro....so far

Default 800 sno pro....so far

well, i've got about 90 miles on the new 2011 snow pro...pulled a 300lb trailer for 65miles of it...and only put 5.5 gallons of gas in the thing!! thats putting out around 15 mpg...totally suprised but the guy at cat said it would get good mileage...i'll take it..since i'm running 90 oct in it. it'll make your hair stand up when you gun it...its kinda a darter on hard ground, darts around pretty good. in the powder its floats...kinda like a canoe with gobs of motor behind it.
    hard to drive wiht out staring at the altimeter though...
    LOVE THE BIG GAS TANK HOLE!!! man pouring without a funell is AWESOME!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

my 2010 f8 made it to skwetna from deshka going over 80 the whole time using only 4.5 gallons of gas, my 2 buddies rushs used over 10 gallons of gas each on the same trip and they were almost on empty when we got to the roadhosue, both the f8 and etec 8 put together used less gas than either 600, but then again we were haulin tail, so the 600s were having to work a lot harder than the 800s to run 80-90.... anyways i was pleasantly surprised every time i took my arctic cat f8 out how well it did on gas... u start burnin it on anything though when u get in the powder and rip wide open, when u hear the powervalves open thats when ur suckin down the gas, if u wanna burn less gas you can hear when the valves open and figure out what rpm they open and run them lil under that rpm when they open and u get amazing gas mileage... hope you enjoy your cat m8 i've always wanted one, but never pulled the trigger on gettin one...

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    well, i've got about 90 miles on the new 2011 snow pro...pulled a 300lb trailer for 65miles of it...and only put 5.5 gallons of gas in the thing!! thats putting out around 15 mpg...totally suprised but the guy at cat said it would get good mileage...i'll take it..since i'm running 90 oct in it. it'll make your hair stand up when you gun it...its kinda a darter on hard ground, darts around pretty good. in the powder its floats...kinda like a canoe with gobs of motor behind it.
    hard to drive wiht out staring at the altimeter though...
    LOVE THE BIG GAS TANK HOLE!!! man pouring without a funell is AWESOME!!
    Loosin up the limiter straps on the front of the suspension and make the front spring as loose as possible without worrying about loosing the spring retainer. It will even make it better in the powder.