Thread: Watch that ice

Default Watch that ice

It could be hazardous. This is Air Supply Alaska that services our village. Fortunately the pilot walked away. This just happened a couple of days ago.Plane crash.jpg
    JOHN

Do you know what happened?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Do you know what happened?
    The articles I could find online seem to speculate that it was simply a loss of control during landing. I assume that what a4e was getting at in regards to ice wasn't about wing ice but rather the good old slippery ground type.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    The articles I could find online seem to speculate that it was simply a loss of control during landing. I assume that what a4e was getting at in regards to ice wasn't about wing ice but rather the good old slippery ground type.
    It was during landing only he tried a short landing and slid on the ice when he tried to correct the landing. Luckly they have another plane but, not like this one. He won't be able to haul big stuff now. A couple of years ago, he had another plane that went down in Cook Inlet and the pilot, a retired State Trooper disappeared. They think he tried to get out and went under the ice never to be found. Very sad.
    JOHN