Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanana river

Default Tanana river

Just like to know how it looks between delta jct and salcha. Primary area we are curious about where the little delta river comes into the tanana. Is it froze over or still flowing pretty good? Thanks just want to know so we can go ice fishing . Not really bronco and I are planning something crazy...

River was running pretty good this morning under the tanana bridge.

Bring your plane if you want a moose. I sure wouldn't walk/drive/mush across the river. Same day airborne rule isn't a big deal... -10 is pretty cozy camping weather.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Yep friend said the river was open on the trail to Rainbow.
    Tim

For those of you that hav'nt had the dip in the Tanana, It can be fine one day, ( the day you cross ) the next day it will have a couple of open water feeds going through where you came across. Be careful out there.

I jump in the Tanana once a year weather I need it or not. Does anyone know if the ice on the Tanana is crossable up near Lake George East of Delta? I might have cause to head up that way and do some ice fishing.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Just like to know how it looks between delta jct and salcha. Primary area we are curious about where the little delta river comes into the tanana. Is it froze over or still flowing pretty good? Thanks just want to know so we can go ice fishing . Not really bronco and I are planning something crazy...
    You ought to be able to skip that machine right across there!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by byrd_hntr View Post
    I jump in the Tanana once a year weather I need it or not. Does anyone know if the ice on the Tanana is crossable up near Lake George East of Delta? I might have cause to head up that way and do some ice fishing.
    according to Bill, here in FBK.. been a lot of open water, he is haveing a hard time getting accross on a regular basis..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I do some pretty dumb stuff but if I did that my wife probably have my @$$.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I do some pretty dumb stuff but if I did that my wife probably have my @$$.
    while your in town... swing by and i will show you the pic of me Running up the river with a water skier behind my sled...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Make sure you stay out of the no wake zones mod elan and I almost got in trouble for that last year.

323, cmom, you chicken?? That high horsepower sled of yours will do it just fine!

It's not water skipping the snowmachine across that's the problem....

It's trying to waterskip the dead moose across on the way BACK that's the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknife View Post

It's trying to waterskip the dead moose across on the way BACK that's the problem!
    Haha... so true! Funny post. :-)

Bring a thousand feet of rope and tie it to the sled and snowmachine by the time you zip across the river you can stop and ease into gettin the sled going and haul ass again to get the sled and moose across! But then your in trouble for wonton waste if it goes in.

Thats parts easy just put the moose in the raft and tow it across just like you do in the fall.

Been there, done that. No worries.

They have a saying for this in high school and usually the individual oh yeah "peer pressure" and the outcome for the said individual doing whatever they were peer pressured into it usually didn't have a good outcome. So with that how about you guys show me how its done on your sleds if it works out I'm right behind you. If it don't work out you can count on your incident being on you-tube

They have a saying for this in high school and usually the individual oh yeah "peer pressure" and the outcome for the said individual doing whatever they were peer pressured into it usually didn't have a good outcome. So with that how about you guys show me how its done on your sleds if it works out I'm right behind you. If it don't work out you can count on your incident being on you-tube
    Your bringing out the video camera? In that case lets go everything is more fun once you get it on film!

I'm bringing the brats and soda. I just love it when a bunch of guys get together to "show how" its done. Won't take long to forget why you went in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast