Thread: wolverine size

Default wolverine size

I just caught my first wolverine. It weighed 28 pounds. I don't know much about them. Is this an average size one? How big do they get?

Size: 26 to 34 in; Tail, 7 to 10 in Weight: 24 to 40 lbs (11 to 18 kg)
    Size relative to a 6-ft man:

Well done. Any pics?

I just simply can not believe you caught a wolverine. You must show photos to prove yourself.
    Kidding of course, but photos are nice to see. Congrats, I bet that was really exciting for you. Was he still alive and kicking? We'll all be waiting for the photo show.
    ARR

I got several good pictures of him in the trap. I am terrible with a computer. How do you put pictures on here?

Don't trust tailwinds measurements! He's off sometimes...... JUST JABBING ya tailwind,lol.

Ya, tbs, my measurin' eye musta been off yesterday.

I post pictures by uploading them on photobucket.com and then copy them from there directly into my post.
    There is a sticky somewhere that better explains the process.

Congrats on the wolverine flat foot.

Tailwind, I love that little size representation pic in the size info, but doesn't do just to the tasmanian devil type power packed into that little body <grin>.

We've managed to trap two so far... a female measuring 40" (including tail) who weighed 19 pounds and had very little fat on her, and a FAT male who measured 46" (tail included on him also) and weighed 32 pounds. Like you, I can't figure out how to get the pictures to upload! Congrats!

Togasmom: WOW. Nicely done.

Mark: Your right, that pic does not do justice. I glassed one cresting a hill in Hatchers this summer, and I thought it was a black bear at first. Truly amazingly stout creatures. I hope I get the pleasure of putting my hands on one someday.

Nice work on the Wolverine! Quite the accomplishment!

Thats a pretty average size. Seen one at 48lbs...and it was by FAR the biggest I've ever seen. It was real fat too. Usually my males stay in the low 30s, and the females in the low-mid 20s.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!