Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Palin....

Pretty pup! I think she might be sister to my pup.

Congrats and happy fetching to both of you
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

She's already a narcissus like her name sake, looker too!

Is she one of Mary Pemberton's Puppies?? Looks just like my male, "TUVA". 12 weeks old and 25#!! Not fat-just big. He just ate the nose off my 30 yr old stuffed armadillo!! Already fetching the paper from the end of my driveway! Got to love those CHESSIES!!!
    Goo

Im sure the wait was tough, but looks like it paid off thats a good looking pup congrats.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Thanks. No, it is not one of Mary's - I was supposed to get one of hers but he died, so I had to get her from ASD Kennels in Montana. I was glad because I wanted a girl to begin with.

TUVA is interesting because the one I was getting from Mary, I was going to name Tuvaaq (Inuit for "hunter")

She sure is a pretty pup. Glad to see you finally got her up here. Did you have someone fly with her or did you just ship her? My girl DD is already 7 months old and can not wait to go hunting. Good luck with Palin.

Congrats Explorer.
    I prefer females, they are loyal and obediant to a fault. Good choice.
    You have a partner and best friend for life. I start every puppies life by letting them follow me off-leash EVERYWHERE(possible), it creates an unbreakable bond, and helps establish you as leader, and her as follower. Whatever you do, I'm sure shes a lucky girl!

I think the saying goes; "God, please help me be the person my dog thinks I am."

Thanks for sharing pics, I hope we get to see lots more.

I will put more up as she grows. I am a little worried because she is drinking a LOT of water and peeing constantly. I guess she could still have some worm issues. Gotta go get her checked out.

That is not too unusual. Puppies do not have control of bowels like you and I, and she could just be learning how to go.
    Just makes sure she gets out alot, making her hold it can cause bladder problems.
    They should deworm her when she gets her shots.
    How many rounds of shots has she had, if any?

So glad it all worked out- have been thinking about you on this. She is a beauty and looks like a clone of Blazer?? My first Chessie back in the 70's was a Montana dog when i lived there-- magic dog.
    "TUVA" is a republic in central asia where I once ran rafting trips. How strange with the names?? ENJOY!!!
    Goo

Bertram's Blazing Firewater is her mom's sire. I think they just call him Blaze, and Blazer is his son.

That is strange how close the names are.

As far as I know, one round of shots and worming, but I know it is not uncommon to take 2 wormings to get it all. I won't gt her papers for a few days, but I am 99% sure she had the first round.

It just takes a while before they can control her peeing. Just have patience and it will work out. The chewing can be a real pain. My pup will chewing on every thing that she can get. I buy lots of chew bones from SAM's. I have to keep all the shoes up, water bottles, and any thing else she can eat.

Oh, missed you question, Captain - the shipped her up as cargo via Alaska/Horizon - they took really good care of her. She was happy and clean when she arrived.

As far as the peeing, I am hoping that is all it is - she has probably peed 20 times today. I am going to have the vet check her out just in case, and yes, I have to watch her like a haw. My wife's little yorkie keeps her occupied and has plenty of stuff for her to chew, but she seems to prefer extension cords and my jeans. LOL

Pup checked out okay. Seems more normal today. Must have just had an overactive bladder and thirst yesterday. There goes 100 bucks for nothing! LOL

Don't second guess yourself. At least now you know.
    As far as the 100 bucks. My friend .... it is just starting. Collars, leashes, training aids, maybe videos, buying birds, bumpers, whistles and etc. Heck might as well use the dog as an excuse to buy a new shotgun. New dog new shotgun. Right !!!
    Oh yeah....then you need a duck boat. Then there is decoys and on and on and on.
    All for the love of the dog and the sport we enjoy.

WR, I like the way you think!

Well I got most of that stuff for Christmas, thank goodness! My whole Christmas was pretty much for her! LOL I like the shotgun idea, but I doubt it will fly with the wife!

Im with you mate, "TUVA" is my Christmas too and what a wonderful one it has been. Don't worry about the $, money comes and money goes, but dogs do not live forever. I am still paying for the ACL replacement, from a bear encounter, on my best friend "ALTAI" the chesapeake who died last spring.
    Good luck and have fun with her!!!
    Goo

Thanks! Now Altai I know - spent some time there in 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast