Thread: Hello from the Midwest!

Default Hello from the Midwest!

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the site! I live near Chicago, but am slowly becoming an Alaskan at heart.

Last summer I spent two weeks traveling around the lower portion of Alaska (Anchorage, Homer, Seward, Denali, Wasilla, and stayed in Houston). This summer I will be coming back on the June 22nd for 3 weeks! I think I will be there for the king run?

Last time most of my fishing was on Willow Creek and a little bit on the Little Su. I caught several nice humpies, chum and silvers but they werent really running while I was there.

I'm thinking about going on a guided king salmon trip and am also looking to catch some big pike. Anyone know any reputable guides for either? I will be staying on Prator Lake in houston again.

Welcome aboard.

I would try Andy Couch if you're sticking to the Valley for your 3 weeks.

hello bow hunter i to came up here from the chicago land area. Brookfield, and mokena to be more exact. Welcome to the site

Quote Originally Posted by tcman View Post
    Welcome aboard.

I would try Andy Couch if you're sticking to the Valley for your 3 weeks.
    This time I'm probably going to be staying in the valley area. Possibly a trip to Fairbanks but if the Kings are running good I will stay home and watch the dogs!

Trying to get up my post count for PMs and attachments

Yes you will be here for the King Run all just about all rivers from the Kenai to the Chena across to the Gulkana and Klutina. If you fishing the Valley you should give Andy a call if your heading North to Squarebanks you should call North Country River Charters Bill O'Halloran if you watch Zonka's show "North to Alaska" you have seen Bill. They fish Pike up in Minto and and off the Yukon as well as Kings on the Chena mind you a large King up in Fairbanks is 35-40 lbs. Kings start heavy in Fairbanks around the 4th of July peaking about two weeks later. Nope they are not silver / chrome in nature however still fun.

Best Wishes and Tight Lines.

Blue Moose

P.S. Sorry for this but GO PACKERS! :-)
    Last edited by BlueMoose; 01-07-2011 at 09:30. Reason: Giving a shot