Thread: Falconry/Hawking

Default Falconry/Hawking

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and got here by googling "Falconry Fairbanks". I'm really interested in at least seeing one of these amazing predators in action. Is there anyone here in the fbks area hunting with a falcon or hawk that would let me watch a hunt? There are a couple of older posts about this on here, but none recent. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCrown View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, and got here by googling "Falconry Fairbanks". I'm really interested in at least seeing one of these amazing predators in action. Is there anyone here in the fbks area hunting with a falcon or hawk that would let me watch a hunt? There are a couple of older posts about this on here, but none recent. Thanks a lot!
    I know a guy with a peregrine falcon in Wasilla. Not sure if he hunts with it, but if you shoot me a pm I will give you his name and you can look him up in the phone book.

Cactus, once the waterfowl leave in the fall there is not much falconry action in the winter in the interior. Harsh winters and a low in hares are keeping things pretty quiet in Fairbanks for falconers this winter.

Just come to my house and watch them harassing and eating my pigeons :-(