Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something is a little fishy here

Default Something is a little fishy here

Is it just me, or is anyone else in here noticing a trend here in the saltwater fishing section. It doesn't really matter what the original post is about, the end of each thread ends up the same, coincidence?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Ya and believe me, it's being reported

I think someone is putting bananas on this thread, do we detect a problem?

It used to be that if you saw a thread that you haven’t previously looked at that had a lot of replies, maybe even a couple of pages of replies, it was worth opening because you would almost certainly learn something new. Now it makes sense to ignore those with a lot of replies because the odds are that there is no information being shared.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

If you are looking for just straight talk you will have to filter all the spam out first. Some people just think they know every thing and feel they more the post the more they will get their point across. Maybe there should be a rule you only get 2 posts per thread. If you want to convience some on a subject just P.M. or add them to your face book page.

Yup. Here is a link showing how to enable the "ignore" feature: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/89037-Ignore-Feature

It works wonders!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    If you are looking for just straight talk you will have to filter all the spam out first. Some people just think they know every thing and feel they more the post the more they will get their point across. Maybe there should be a rule you only get 2 posts per thread. If you want to convience some on a subject just P.M. or add them to your face book page.
    Well, not always, I've seen some forum members, even captaindd, post several times or more in a thread, and I learn a lot from him and some others that do this, when the discussion stays to the topic, and this does happen! Sometimes in the winter especially, some of us goof around with a topic or it reminds us of something else. Most long threads are good IMO except for the ones we all know about where a couple of notorious individuals go after each other where one baits and the other goes ballistically defensive. It's pretty easy to tell when that is happening and exit the thread and go to another...I'll keep checking out the long threads and try harder not to hijack as we all do now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Yup. Here is a link showing how to enable the "ignore" feature: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/89037-Ignore-Feature

It works wonders!
    Hey, Pete, your link doesn't work! I mean it won't open, so don't know if it works or not!

okay guys, point taken.
    i'll use the ignore feature.... otherwise i seem to have an uncontrollable urge for "just one more cast"...

For ignore, click on "settings" at the top of your screen.
    Look on the left side and scroll down until you see "edit ignore list"
    Follow the link, ad the name of the member to be ignored, and save it.
    There ya go.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    Hey, Pete, your link doesn't work! I mean it won't open, so don't know if it works or not!
    That is odd. It is a direct copy/paste from the forum tips sub forum. Just follow Homer Dave's tutorial.

Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else in here noticing a trend here in the saltwater fishing section. It doesn't really matter what the original post is about, the end of each thread ends up the same, coincidence?
    How much can we cover that hasn't been covered? Don't you guys enjoy a little banter among fisherman? I haven't ever seen so many thin skinned ninnies. Lighten up already! Now then who needs some ball bustin today?

I'd hit captaindd but he's way too easy of a target being the only charter capt that sports his double d breasts as his charter label, I've givin CaptT a lifetime of crap, homerdave might have me on ignore, vince is monitoring and would reply before i could fix my typos, spoiledone might laugh and spray coffee on the company computer, um Mutt?

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    How much can we cover that hasn't been covered? Don't you guys enjoy a little banter among fisherman? I haven't ever seen so many thin skinned ninnies. Lighten up already! Now then who needs some ball bustin today?

I'd hit captaindd but he's way too easy of a target being the only charter capt that sports his double d breasts as his charter label, I've givin CaptT a lifetime of crap, homerdave might have me on ignore, vince is monitoring and would reply before i could fix my typos, spoiledone might laugh and spray coffee on the company computer, um Mutt?
    I agree fullbush, the "exchanges" are certainly sprited and entertaining at times, but it seems it's all the usual suspects. Ah well, targets are targets I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    No kidding. It's just the internet guys. Lighten up a bit. We are all supposed to tip toe around Mutt now because he might have a melt down if we comment on the size of his fish or tell him he's wrong?

Took me a second. I saw Mutt and thought
    "what did I do now?"

But then 270tis post above clued me in.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Apr 2010,, is about the time i noticed things goin' more south than usual,, but I've sure had some good laughs since then..

Banter is great! if one cant give another fisherman a hard time then screwem. Much of it goes personal and vendictiveand it always turns in to a pi$$ing match with a certain person or persons being at the center of it. That is getting truly sickening and ruining this board. I sure hope the mods put an end to it!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slimm View Post
    Apr 2010,, is about the time i noticed things goin' more south than usual,,..
    ZZZzzzzZZzzzZzzZZING!!!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

And now I have to go report myself to the authorities.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Banter is great! if one cant give another fisherman a hard time then screwem. Much of it goes personal and vendictiveand it always turns in to a pi$$ing match with a certain person or persons being at the center of it. That is getting truly sickening and ruining this board. I sure hope the mods put an end to it!!!!!!!
    You hit the nail right on the head kgpcr. I love to banter. But often times the thread subjects are being lost in the enormous amount of B.S. If I wanted a soap opera, I would start watching TV.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    And now I have to go report myself to the authorities.....
    Already done, don't clutter up your in-box you should be getting a flame violation anytime ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast