Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: my first ever big game animal!!!

  1. #1
    Member joefish00000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    510

    Talking my first ever big game animal!!!

    i finally got around to posting it and here it is, my first ever big game animal!!!
    i flew down to visit my uncle in michagan and he surprised me with a early youth season deer hunt! i was so excitted. it was a short to day season so we were crunched on time. it wasnt till the morning of the second day that we saw a deer. i shot this guy in the heart from 70yards away with a 30 06 springfield 180 grain bullet at last light on the last day.

    he was 150 lbs dressed and was a 7point buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Member tiger15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Congrat's on a really nice buck!

  3. #3

    Default

    Way to go!

  4. #4

    Default

    Congratulations, well done young Man.

  5. #5
    Member Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Fantastic Joefish - I am very happy for you - job well done and thanks for sharing your success with us all!
    Randy
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

  6. #6
    Member jkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Nice job and nice shooting
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

  7. #7
    Member hodgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction AK
    Posts
    4,055

    Default



    Good job!

  8. #8

    Default

    Good Buck!!! May it be the first of many...the first is special.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9
    New member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Great Job! Much bigger than my first deer!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Congratulations on your first deer! Definatly a special moment that you'll cherish for many years to come

  11. #11
    New member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Excellent, I am sure you will always remember that hunt ! Thanks for sharing your experience.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    538

    Default

    the smile say's it all....way to go joe!!

  13. #13
    Member 1Cor15:19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dillingham, AK
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    I love the buck. Great shooting! Congrats!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

  14. #14
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Good shooting, nice buck!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  15. #15

    Default

    Nice!!!! I bet you're already looking forward to next year!!!

  16. #16
    Member HuntKodiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Congratulations Joe! You look like you had a blast, and you're lucky to have a great family of hunters!

    Thanks for sharing young man! Great shooting!

  17. #17
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Right On Joe,
    You Are having one heckuva year,
    Thanks for the pics also, Nice
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

  18. #18

    Default

    Good job Joe.

  19. #19
    Member fullkurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska/Idaho
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    well done Joe!!
    Proud to be an American!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,635

    Default

    Very Good, Carry on!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •