Thread: Hunting Fitness

Default Hunting Fitness

Hey guys, there's a new website out there that looks promising. I know the 2 guys that are starting it up and they are legit hardcore hunters. The website isn't up yet but you can put your email in and be notified when it goes live.

The website is www.traintohunt.com

Check it out!

Thanks! At least the idea of training to hunt versus training for a PT test may keep my interest longer!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger15 View Post
    Thanks! At least the idea of training to hunt versus training for a PT test may keep my interest longer!!
    Come on now Airforce folks can't use the word P.T test it's one of the unwritten rules of the service... Now if this workout involves candy bars, lots of soda and copenhagen and very little water I'm on board.

I've recently given up MMA, running and weightlifting, focusing on training for hunting. I realized after getting down to 185 and an actual 6 pack(I'm 57) last summer, that is way to much work. Now, it's staying in shape for hunting/fishing/camping and an occasional bar fight. Haha

I've been trying like crazy to put on extra winter fat, so if any of you lose some weight I'd be glad to help find it.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    I've been trying like crazy to put on extra winter fat, so if any of you lose some weight I'd be glad to help find it.
    Eat a bag of those small, chocolate donuts, drink a pint of milk and go to bed. Repeat daily.

Some guys have all the luck and there is me

If it was actually possible......

I just want to get back down to what I was when married.....too much "freedom with no accountability" since then.

Then there is Crossfit.com.................
    It looks like these guys are using some of those movements from the little I saw.

Tonight it's overhead squats, pull ups, and 400m runs for me. This morning it was a mixed pool workout.

With a full time job it's hard to duplicate the all-day-long mega humps it requires to access the backcountry so a solid training regimen is just gonna have to do.

I signed up and will see what they have to offer.

I just hunt year round! I take a few months off during the summer for fishing but that's about it. I hit the gym atleast twice during the week in the winter and hike atleast twice a week during the summer. Right now it's all day snowshoeing every weekend trying to keep up with my pup.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Come on now Airforce folks can't use the word P.T test it's one of the unwritten rules of the service... Now if this workout involves candy bars, lots of soda and copenhagen and very little water I'm on board.
    Well, the AF is trying at least! They may be miles from getting it right, but at least it beats the old bike test crap!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger15 View Post
    Your freakin telling me... I'm on standby gotta show up everyday and hope I can get in b4 my EPR closes out. Sounds like a great website I'll look into it when it's up.

I like this thread way better than the fitness sticky in global. Hey MUD a "sticky" for hunting fitness or sheep shape would be more fitting for A.O.D.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ