Thread: Group buy for Left Handed Zastava mauser rifles

Default Group buy for Left Handed Zastava mauser rifles

A gent over on the AR forum accomplished a good deal of leg work on trying to import some left handed Zastava mausers. Read this thread for more info:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...4/m/2111031541

These are the rifles:

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=234

This is a very rare opportunity for lefties to obtain a Mauser. Some unique caliber offerings as well. If you are interested read the thread on AR for updates and where to send your money. Chance to own a LH 375 for $600! (plus $50 for shipping). Cash is required up front.

People wanting right handed rifles are welcome to order as well.
    Tennessee

Randy: Have you seen one of these...held it in your hands? What did you think?

Where is your "trust factor" on this deal? $600 is a lot of money for me to loose.

Thank you,
    Leonard

Never held one. My trust factor is high as the money is going to EAA (the importer). Any deal can go bad and any company can go bankrupt. I do not endorse or gurantee. But am going to order a couple myself.
    Zastava actions are known to be of good quality.
    Tennessee

I'm real tempted but haven't made up my mind. When I first looked at them, they resembled Remington M-7's in profile. Then I did the math and figured out they had 24" barrels. Unless my eye is really scrawed, that would mean with the proportions in the picture, the butt stock would be really bulky. Still debating, because it's not every day you can get most of those calibers in a lefty. I can always restock them.

Randy I would be for a 375H&H in a RH version.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Please follow the thread on the AR forum. The guy setting it up will soon be publishing payment or ordering instructions. I'm just a messenger who wanted to pass along the word to my Alaskan shooting buddies.
    Myself, am leaning towards the 9,3x62 and a .458 Win Mag.

This is a unique chance to own something "different". If you do not know much about the 9,3x62 take a look at some of the reloading manuals. It will shoot the 286 grain bullets at speeds approaching 2,400 fps and the rifles hold five down. A really nice choice for moose or big bears. The round has a history of being especially accurate and easy to work up loads for as well.

I owned a Ruger 9,3 that was rebarreled and never should of sold it
    Tennessee

Snowwolfe, I have just signed up to be an AR forum member so that I can place an expression of interest or an order, as I want a big bore one. I have a couple of questions for them about these, as they seem to be a rare, fabulous deal. Thanks so much for the tip.

First, I have read elsewhere that the polishing on the Zastava mauser sction is so bad as to be incorrectable. Would that affect the innards? For a working gun that works <g>, exterior polish is not an insurmountable problem, but can anyone shed any light on that? Maybe one could parkerize or Ceracote it. Look at Phil Shoemaker's .458WM. He used Rustoleum.

Second, the Zastava web site says they started manufacturing stainless rifles in 2007. I suppose it is too much to expect that there might be LH stainless ones available? Wouldn't that be great?

Finally, the Zastava stock is typically European; i.e., nutty, non-classic and non-functional. They claim to offer barreled actions in LH and other configurations. Does anybody think that might be offered in this package purchase? Bear in mind that at the price, I would gladly just buy a rifle and toss the stock or add a fiberglass one. After all, how often does an opportunity like this to buy a .458WM, .375H&H or 9.3x62 in LH at such a price come along? Thanks.

Norm Solberg
    _________

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    A gent over on the AR forum accomplished a good deal of leg work on trying to import some left handed Zastava mausers. Read this thread for more info:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...4/m/2111031541

These are the rifles:

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=234

This is a very rare opportunity for lefties to obtain a Mauser. Some unique caliber offerings as well. If you are interested read the thread on AR for updates and where to send your money. Chance to own a LH 375 for $600! (plus $50 for shipping). Cash is required up front.

People wanting right handed rifles are welcome to order as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjin View Post
    First, I have read elsewhere that the polishing on the Zastava mauser sction is so bad as to be incorrectable. Would that affect the innards? For a working gun that works <g>, exterior polish is not an insurmountable problem, but can anyone shed any light on that? Maybe one could parkerize or Ceracote it. Look at Phil Shoemaker's .458WM. He used Rustoleum.

Second, the Zastava web site says they started manufacturing stainless rifles in 2007. I suppose it is too much to expect that there might be LH stainless ones available? Wouldn't that be great?
    I have a Zastava actioned Mauser and did not find it to be anything but great from my needs. Sure it is no $4000 rifle, but it is as good fit and finish wise as my remington.

Regarding the stainless models. I talked at length with the EAA representatives (now the importers of Zastava Mausers) at the NRA convention last year. He said there were no plans to import any stainless models because they would not pass safety standards. He was a little secretive about it which struck me as odd, but said he had full confidence in the non-stainless models. As do I.

I'll take two more!

I have a pair of actions that were the last of the Chuck Dalys. They are as solid as any action I've ever seen.
    Now what ?