Thread: Trail To Alaska John's Place

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Default Trail To Alaska John's Place

Trying to find an overland trail sounds like an interesting problem to have. I have been to the homestead at 61°48'31.87"N 150°49'6.50"W on the first bend of Twenty Mile Slough, but I haven't been cross country to your lake.

I have also heard that there is a trail that takes off just across the river from Dave Luce's place and goes out to Mt Susitna.

How do you get to your place now, from Alexander Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by bmunsell View Post
    Trying to find an overland trail sounds like an interesting problem to have. I have been to the homestead at 61°48'31.87"N 150°49'6.50"W on the first bend of Twenty Mile Slough, but I haven't been cross country to your lake.

I have also heard that there is a trail that takes off just across the river from Dave Luce's place and goes out to Mt Susitna.

Is this post directed to me?
    JOHN

I just checked google and the homestead is almost due east of me about 7 miles.Homestead.jpg
    JOHN

Talk to your neighbor on a trail.

Hi John,

Yes the post was directed to you. I didn't want to hijack the other thread but I have wanted to get out into that country some and am interested in more information also.

I've read a lot of your posts here on the forum and hope for the best for you in your new adventure.

Hi John,

Yes the post was directed to you. I didn't want to hijack the other thread but I have wanted to get out into that country some and am interested in more information also.

I've read a lot of your posts here on the forum and hope for the best for you in your new adventure.

Well, I'm not against having a fellow adventurer. So, if you feel like an adventure let me know.
    JOHN

Include me....I am out that way alot and most times it turns into an adventure.

Normally the trail early in the year runs from just North of Luce's to the Iditarod trail by way of 8 Mile Lake and jumps out on the Sweketna. There is a bunch of side branch trails that go to the different cabins/lakes. I am betting we pass by your place pretty close and pretty regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Include me....I am out that way alot and most times it turns into an adventure.

Normally the trail early in the year runs from just North of Luce's to the Iditarod trail by way of 8 Mile Lake and jumps out on the Sweketna. There is a bunch of side branch trails that go to the different cabins/lakes. I am betting we pass by your place pretty close and pretty regular.
    Great, it's really nice to find some that are in for an adventure. Next summer is going to really be the first day of the rest of my life. At 63, I am not afraid to tackle any adventure that comes along. Hell. I survived 4 tours of combat duty in Nam, all volunteer I might add. If I can find one or two guys that would like to go off once in awhile and explore someplace remote, it will be fun. So, climb on board. Send me an email address to keep in touch if you want.
    JOHN

The Iditarod trail is less than a mile away, being it’s a winter trail it might as well be 50 miles if you think you’re going to use it in the summer. When I was snowmobile in the area and I got off the trail and tried to cross a creek it was like crossing a trench. So, if you are looking for an adventure you will really have a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    The Iditarod trail is less than a mile away, being it’s a winter trail it might as well be 50 miles if you think you’re going to use it in the summer. When I was snowmobile in the area and I got off the trail and tried to cross a creek it was like crossing a trench. So, if you are looking for an adventure you will really have a good one

I know where the Iditarod Trail is. I am trying to find a trail from the Yentna and trust me, somewhere, there is a trail. Hard or easy, there is always one somewhere. Adventure is what it's all about. "If you don't try, you will get nowhere" It is always better to think positive than, negative.
    JOHN

John, when do you plan on getting into this part of the world?

John, when do you plan on getting into this part of the world?
    It won't be until June. I am busy this winter taking care of a friends lodge until June 1st. If you want to hook up, that would be fine with me
    JOHN