Thread: 700 BDL LA floorplate

Default 700 BDL LA floorplate

I'm looking for a Remington 700 BDL floor plate/trigger guard, long action. I don't need the magazine of follower.
    The rifle, a 30-06 shoots great and is in great condition except the current floor plate.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you looking for an upgrade? If so Williams makes a good one for a decent price. They are made to drop in without any stock work (not always). If you buy directly from them and tell them what stock you have they will size it accordingly. If you want "cool guy points" Badger Ordnance makes a nice one but it costs a ton and I don't think it works any better than the Williams. Chances are you are going to have to do some fitting with the BA. If you are looking for a Remington stock replacement check out Gunbroker, Ebay, etc for a cheap one either used or someone dumping one because they replaced the bottom metal with an upgrade.

I have one of these if you are interested. I have them both in blue and stainless. Let me know if you are interested in it, I will send you a photo and my price.

i have bought and sold remington parts on eBay........your floorplate is listed there. good luck.
    happy trails.
    jh

I just ran across this thread.

I have a Rem700 long action floor plate and box out of a 300RUM with a XCR stock. I swapped stocks and bottom metal and would be happy to give the parts to a forum member if they work for your application.

I will be flying up to Anchorage late Sunday night and killing time around Anchorage Monday the 17th. I'm leaving Phoenix Saturday so I need a response on this very soon.

Cheers,

bottom metal.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post

I have a Rem700 long action floor plate and box out of a 300RUM with a XCR stock. I swapped stocks and bottom metal and would be happy to give the parts to a forum member if they work for your application.

I will be flying up to Anchorage late Sunday night and killing time around Anchorage Monday the 17th. I'm leaving Phoenix Saturday so I need a response on this very soon.

Cheers,

bottom metal.jpg
    Marshall,

Is the RUM assembly longer than the regular LA? If it is the same I would be very much interested.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post
    Marshall,

Is the RUM assembly longer than the regular LA? If it is the same I would be very much interested.

Evan
    Perhaps someone will know that answer, I'm not sure. I picked up this 300RUM second hand as a Ti Christansen Arms in a XCR stock and had a McMillan Edge stock built with different bottom metal.

If it works for you I would be happy to bring it up, just let me know. I generally grab a bite at Snow City Cafe near the Captain Cook in the mornings after my arrival then kill time bugging old friends during the day.

If your in or around the Anchorage area it will be easy to meet.

Perhaps someone will know that answer, I'm not sure. I picked up this 300RUM second hand as a Ti Christansen Arms in a XCR stock and had a McMillan Edge stock built with different bottom metal.

If it works for you I would be happy to bring it up, just let me know. I generally grab a bite at Snow City Cafe near the Captain Cook in the mornings after my arrival then kill time bugging old friends during the day.

If your in or around the Anchorage area it will be easy to meet.
    Sadly, I'm not an AK resident. I would be glad to pay for shipping though. I will do some resaerch about the length and get back to you ASAP.

Marshall I sent you a couple of PM's. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I got one PM, the box was full had to dump and make more room, try again. If works for you lets do it, glad to help.

What part of WV? My wife is from Fairmont, WVU girl, her dad was a tough WW-II vet and a life long coal miner.

The rest of the details will be via PM.

Cheers,

bottom metal.jpg
    if you still have it , i could really use one. bowgun2003@yahoo.com

Id be Happy to send you the cost of a US post office flat rate box, i think is $5.00
    thank you ! just let me know, bowgun2003@yahoo.com

how much, blued , i just need the plate cover. bowgun2003@yahho.com

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunteralaska View Post
    I have one of these if you are interested. I have them both in blue and stainless. Let me know if you are interested in it, I will send you a photo and my price.
    how much, blued just the cover bowgun2003@yahoo.com

$75 for just the floorplate (it does not come with the magazine spring, follower or magazine box liner), I am assuming by your reply the floorplate is all you need. I have a standard blued and a matte finish blued one also. They both are the same price. These are factory Remington take offs. Brand new condition. Let me know if you want one (blued or matte blued) with the shipping address. You can PM me if you want. Shipping should be $5 using the small flat rate box.

thanks for the reply, but thats too much. i have seen them on ebay with the trigger guard all togeter for less than $75
    as for just the plates, ive seen sell for $20-$25.
    im actually waiting for H/S on back order for the box mag kit due out in august. so unless i get one for $20/25. ill just wait. thanks

That is what I am selling for $75 the entire BDL assembly, which is basically two parts, the trigger guard and the drop away plate, this is the entire BDL assembly (minus the magazine box liner, magazine spring and the follower). I would not even consider selling just the drop away plate, then the entire BDL assembly is useless without the plate.

if you dont sell it id give you $50