Thread: Sheep Hunters and Goat Hunters check this out!

Default Sheep Hunters and Goat Hunters check this out!

I know we all have our own training regimes we follow getting ready for our fall hunts but I thought I would show you guys thi svery handy tool I discovered last fall. First off this isn't something cheap and yes the same thing could be done with your pack loaded with weight but this makes the dreery days in teh gym doing cardio a little more challenging without having to put teh extra wear and tear on your pack.

http://www.weightvest.com/mensvests.html

A friend bought this thing last spring to help him lose weight, and I fell in love with it for my training. I wore it at work, while at home, and even while coaching my kids football team. And although I was accused of looking like a suicide bomber a few times it really does work well. It distributes the weight on your torso well and is actually quite comfortable to wear. I got the 50lb vest this year though the one I borrowed last year was the 45. you can easily add or remove weight as needed. You get on teh stair steeper for an hour on Alpine mode with this baby and its the next best thing to hiking the mountains except its winter and you cant. And when you take it off and remove the extra 45-50 lbs you've been wearing around you feel like you could jump 10 feet in the air.Its great for your legs, and strengthens your back.Anyway thought some of you might take interest in this.

Default Nice

I am going to have to pick one of these up. I can wear it while I am in the O.R. and add it too my training regiment, which includes 50lbs in my pack and getting onthe stairmaster and 60 lbs in my pack hiking the trails. I't was nice training this past year at 5500ft then when I got back to Alaska and hunted sheep, the lungs felt Great.

Talking

Hmmm....looks very similar to what I wear every day at work! My duty gear weighs in at 38#'s. I feel light as a feather (250# feather that is) when I take it all off after work!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thumbs up That's why....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Hmmm....looks very similar to what I wear every day at work! My duty gear weighs in at 38#'s. I feel light as a feather (250# feather that is) when I take it all off after work!
    You need to join the boys upstairs in the Detectives Division Mud!...Then you can wear a shirt and tie and gain weight with the rest of us!!! LOL! I don't miss wearing that Batman belt!

Default Agree

I have been sheep training with a weighted vest for several years now and it works great, especially if you can wear it at work. I wear it every other day to give my feet and joints some rest and good footwear is important. I haven't used the gym much for my past 2 hunts and I swear by the vest!

Alpine

Do some burpies...they will kick your butt. Start off with 4 sets of 10...work your way up from there. Throw the vest on if you dare.<grin>

Default vest

So is there a place in Anchorage to get a vest? Looking on the web they are $300+ for the 84lb vest, but the shipping cost are crazy. Do you think you could wear this on the plane?

Default Flak Vest

I wonder if I can just add extra plates to my flak vest, but that might look crazy wearing that thing around, people might hit the deck

tv321 the vests from the company I posted the link for, ship for free.

Default Ordered one

Just placed an order for the 100 lb vest.

I bought one today Cub

Default 2 weighted vest for sale

I have two of them.

Used one is a 100lb. Paid $395, $300

New one is 84lbs. Paid $285 +shipping. $275

Troy
    746-5548