Thread: Moving to Ft. Richardson and bring a boat

Default Moving to Ft. Richardson and bring a boat

I will be moving to Ft. Richardson this summer and own a 18 ft Bass tracker im bringing with me. Im looking to find out information and peoples takes on where would be the best places to take it fishing so i wont have any problems. I heard there is regulations about power motors in lakes in the area?

Any help would be excellent.

Jason

Welcome to Alaska. There is several places you will be able to use bass tracker. There is a ton of lakes your boat will do great on, Big Lake, Lake Louise, Kenai Lake. You may do NICE weather days in the salt water, Seward, Whittier, Homer. There is little boating in the Anchorage area, going to have to drive a little before you launch. You maybe be able to use it on the Kenai river IF it meets the motor restrictions, which can be looked up online.
    20' Wooldridge Sport 08' 150hp E-Tec
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

There are two lakes in anchorage that allow power boats, but they are limited to 50hp.

Heading South there are no restrictions on Kenai Lake, though the wind can kick up a chop.

Heading North there are lots of lakes as already mentioned.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    There are two lakes in anchorage that allow power boats, but they are limited to 50hp.

Heading South there are no restrictions on Kenai Lake, though the wind can kick up a chop.

Heading North there are lots of lakes as already mentioned.
    If this is a welded jonboat, you could add a jet pump to your outboard and head for the rivers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by akhilux View Post
    Welcome to Alaska. There is several places you will be able to use bass tracker. There is a ton of lakes your boat will do great on, Big Lake, Lake Louise, Kenai Lake. You may do NICE weather days in the salt water, Seward, Whittier, Homer. There is little boating in the Anchorage area, going to have to drive a little before you launch. You maybe be able to use it on the Kenai river IF it meets the motor restrictions, which can be looked up online.
    50 HP max, and four-stroke only.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.