Thread: STBL Marlin

Default STBL Marlin

Happy New Year,

In the first of December I bought a Marlin STBL it was %15 of so it's not my fault it was on sale.
    Anyone out there that has experience with these, or has an opinion. I.E. hunted with or shot one. Really it is just a guidegun with a few extras. I have not made any ammo for it yet, so I have not shot it yet. I hate to buy factory ammo.
    I am thinking about making an order with that bullet maker in Homer that makes the T-rex bullets up to 700 Gr. for a 45/70 wow now thats big.

Thanks
    North45

I've got a SBL. Kinda the same thing. I sold a guide gun because I didn't like the straight stock. I like the pistol grip way better.
    Probably shot 1,000 or so rounds out of the SBL. It's a fun shooter. More accurate than I expected.
    Do a little cleaning up on the actions it'll make it a lot smoother. If you smooth up the loading gate life will be better.
    Have fun with it.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Yes about the same thing but mine came with walnut instead of black and gray laminate, and no xs sight bar system. I would like to get a set of laminate stocks for mine in the future, 7 rounds of 500 plus gr. bullets thats a lot of lead downrange in a hurry.
    Travlers, what kind of ammo do you use and do you reload.

Thanks
    north45

I use handloads in it. 350-400 grain cast. I load plinking rounds to about 1400-1500 fps. I'll use the 405 remington softpoint for deer/elk. Don't load bullets much over 400gr. So I don't know how a 500gr would work.
    Give it a try and let us know.
    "The older I get, the better I was."