Thread: Anyone ice fished Sucker Lake?

Default Anyone ice fished Sucker Lake?

Some of my buddies and I are thinking about trying Sucker lake for Pike soon, if anyone has a report of ice fishing there, I'd love to hear it. I know some of you guys have asked how to get to Alexander lake via snowmachine, well I'd be more than happy to tell ya........ pm me and we'll work something out.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Are you talking in general or this year? I have not fished it this year but was there last year on my way back from Alexander lake. It's great fishing in the summer off the floats but I never dropped a line in the winter. I stopped in and visited with a few guys fishing the outlet of the lake in between upper and lower sucker. They had several tip ups and were fishing with hooligan. I have heard mixed reports about hooligan compared to herring. What are your thoughts on that? Anyway, they had not cought any that day but said they had luck in the past. Don't think that helps alot but that's all I can add.

Good luck!

Thanks I'll take any report I can get.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.