Thread: Hey F&G, why not sell dipnet licenses NOW?

Default Hey F&G, why not sell dipnet licenses NOW?

I waste no time giving my yearly dues to F&G, and use their nice online site to pay them, but I can't figure why their online system would refuse to sell me a dipnet license now. I think the error message something like I had to wait until June to buy it.

Why don't they want my $$$ 6 months sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I waste no time giving my yearly dues to F&G, and use their nice online site to pay them, but I can't figure why their online system would refuse to sell me a dipnet license now. I think the error message something like I had to wait until June to buy it.

Why don't they want my $$$ 6 months sooner?
    No, I thought everybody agreed last year we weren't gonna have a dipnet fishery anymore because of all the bickering? The state decided it was best that the dippers sit it out this year, so they could eat their freezer fulls from last year and also to let the stream banks regenerate. I could be wrong but thats the impression I was under

First of all, where did you pay for a dipnet license last year? I got mine for free, as in a dipnet permit. They are also not printed yet.
    I already called Cora and told her that my freezer was empty so she lifted the ban. BTW, this is probably the last thing she does for the dippnetters, being a comfisher since 11 years old.LOL
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default all the more

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    First of all, where did you pay for a dipnet license last year? I got mine for free, as in a dipnet permit. They are also not printed yet.
    That's all the more reason they should be available online and now. Use my ink not theirs, and not the time & trouble of those vendors issuing them for free.

Or maybe I'm not looking at the bigger picture here. Maybe F&G is doing the retailers a favor by issuing the permit only at the last second and at the retailers. Both get the consumer on-premises to the retailers' place of biz to buy the tons of stuff that we do buy to help us go get & process our fish. ???

I hope they never "sell" dipnet licenses. So someone in the household needs a sport fish license- most dipnetter already sport fish, so it would be a redundant fee.

Willfish, we will have to disagree on that point. If I am allowed 25 per head of household and ten additional for each family member, I believe a small fee or a stamp would be justified. But... That is for another thread!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    I hope they never "sell" dipnet licenses. So someone in the household needs a sport fish license- most dipnetter already sport fish, so it would be a redundant fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Willfish, we will have to disagree on that point. If I am allowed 25 per head of household and ten additional for each family member, I believe a small fee or a stamp would be justified. But... That is for another thread!!!
    A quest card gets you licenses and dipnets. Thats why theres so many chinaman dippers.

I think you mean Korean, not chinese. But that is ok, since you are on PWS while we dip Cook Inlet. There is a certain land mass dividing the two. If you are talking Chitina, you must have a great pair of binoculars to see all those Chinamen cause you guys are seperated by about what... 70 miles?
    Are we talking access to the resource or welfare roles? Just curious!!! That seems like it should be destined to another thread too. Let us not kidnap Familyman's thread. BTW, PM me Fullbush and we will meet for bubbly next week.
    Elections are tomorrow night at wasilla high school for the Mat-su AC... Come join us and let your vote be heard. 7:00 pm, Wednesday.

Dang Koreans are rich w/ all those qwik stop grocery stores they abuse the quest system!

As for the bubblyI'm curious