Thread: Fishing July 31-Aug 6

Default Fishing July 31-Aug 6

Any recommendation as to where would be the best place to fish off the Bank during this period of time? Will be staying in Ninilchick/seward these 5-6 days.
    Would one river be better than the other? Kenai vs. Russian?

Can you park anywhere off the side of the road to fish the river or is there posted parking signs?

Seward, Russian
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I'm guessing that there will be reds in the russian the first week of august? Those are caught by beading or snagging right? I heard that there was one specie which doesn't feed during the run and you have to snag them right?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I'm guessing that there will be reds in the russian the first week of august? Those are caught by beading or snagging right? I heard that there was one specie which doesn't feed during the run and you have to snag them right?
    Nope you have to get them to eat which takes the right flies and sometimes the right touch. In august you also have to pick out the bright fish. I recomend flesh flies about 3/8 oz of lead a 36 inch leader, a long rod (fly rod is the best) and a bit of patience. Also the rainbow fishing will be good then, plus the silvers will be in up north. I can't wait untill august
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.