Thread: Denali Highway Snow/Riding report 1/1/11

Default Denali Highway Snow/Riding report 1/1/11

Wow, are things shaping up great for snow this year! The highway from Cantwell to Alpine Creek is excellent, with knee deep new snow for the first 20 miles from Cantwell. The rest is several inches of fresh snow over the last two days. Yesterday's high temp was 30 degrees! Today we are at 31 with occasional snow showers! We had a great New Years party, and our guests are out riding now, enjoying all the new snow and warm temps! Really great riding up here, and nearly as good as I've seen it! The Valdez Creek Valley, just to the North of us is deep in snow and ready for you mountain riders!

Good Luck and be safe!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Sweetness! Can't wait to see you guy's in March, we've got a couple rooms booked and our party is a crazy bunch!

i'll be up next week and be there till mid february..come on out guys....ps. don't mind the dead skidoo summit on the road....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i'll be up next week and be there till mid february..come on out guys....ps. don't mind the dead skidoo summit on the road....
    Hope to swing by there a couple times this season. Gimpy (my affectionate term for my wife these days) and I are thinking about staying the night out there as well.

drop me a line when you'll be coming out...i'll be there most of the time i mentioned...home for a few days in between each week though.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212