Thread: My kids are moveing up to Alaska and need help with a Questions?

Question My kids are moveing up to Alaska and need help with a Questions?

my two oldest kids are station in the Alaska now and the other two are not to far behind them and i have a few questions if someone in the military could answer this one ..it been a while before i did this so it had to change some of the rules about how the game is played in the permant home address for the shipping of house hold goods after retirement from the military ..

if they are station up here and change it to there home address to the Alaska address instead of the state they are in when they PCS out of the military and they get moved a couple more tours before they retire out of the diff banchs of military are in and will the military will ship there things back up here to there home address in Alaska ..

i know that they used to do that but with all the changes that going on inside the military i was wondering if they have a problem about it and now that they are up here they can there home address on record .. now they are beginning to understand what there uncles and aunts are talking about when talking about life up there..

my oldest son is allready up stationed at Fort Wainright up near Fairbanks and he wants me to sale him my 460xvr revolver for bear defense when he out hikeing or hunting in the back country ..so if i give him a gift of the revolver instead of selling it to him iam i breaking any laws in the state ..he is liveing off post right nw so the stowage of the weapon will not run into any weapon rules about a weapon on post .he like a kid in the candy store at times for he keeps emailing me when are going to be back home i found this spot and you got to come try it out before everyone else finds it he keeps emailing ..i do not have the heart to tell that it been found a long time before you got there kido ..

my oldest girl is stationed at Eielson AFB and she got settle in without that many problems so far .she did run into the problem of trying to get her and her husband personal vehicles on base the first week but it worked it self out as the she got her base pass sticker ..she and her husband like the area and thinking it would be a great place to retire to ..he goes out in 2015 and she goes out in 2022 for there 20 years in

they both have changed there lics over to Alaska driveing lics and they are looking at land to buy around the rest of the family to set up shop here in the state for there future homes to bult there with the rest of the familys homes that allready bult on the land ..

Yes, they can change their home of residence to AK and as long as they never change that they can PCS as many times as the military decides to move them but when they retire or separate the gov will move them and their household goods back to AK.

Since your son is in the military then I assume he does not have a felony. You should be able to gift your 460 to him no problem.

Sorry about that! This latest software makes it a bit too easy to accidentally lock a thread. It doesn't even give you an "are you sure" message!